Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advice on controller upgrade please!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, thinking of upgrading my Numark Omni Control as it seems to be playing up. I use with VDJ7 but there's all sorts or random stuff going on and it seems it's time for a change. I like the layout and feel of the Omni but taking a look at all the Numark stuff that's about the same price as what I have it all looks a bit cheap and tacky, and not as good as I have already. Is this a fair comment or is the Numark stuff still ok?

The two I have in my sights so far are a Denon MC2000 or a Stanton DJC.4. Any advice on which would be the better option please or are they both pretty close? Only cast-iron want is it has an on-board sound card.

My budget is around GBP150-200 so I'm guessing either stock or barely used/2nd hand.

Hope I've posted in the right place and thanks in advance for any advice :)

www.house-mixes.com/profile/mattl

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 2:43 pm
Id always go with Denon myself, i have the mc6000 mk2 and its superb but obviously you are going in to the £420 price bracket then. Well worth it though, steel casing and takes your djing to a new level.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 6:36 pm
Thanks for the reply. I ended up not being able to decide and put an equal bid on both units, the Denon went higher so ended up with the Stanton lol.

In the end though I got a controller designed for VDJ, all boxed with paperwork, in great condition for GBP150 so am happy with that! :-)

Controllers have certainly moved on since my trusty Numark hit the shelves..........

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 5:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)