Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules Instinct button lights.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I recently got a used Instinct as my first controller, cheap and seemed good for learning. I plugged it in and it starting working right away, but I could not get the sound card inside it to work properly. So I put the disk in and installed the drivers, and I got it to work how I was wanting. However, after I installed the drivers the button backlights don't like to work properly, if I activate any effects with controller the button wont light up but the action will be done in software, and the vinyl light is stuck on, so I don't know if it will slow down track or scratch. Headphone button also doesn't work properly, the light is stuck on left side, but when I hit the buttons it does what it's supposed to do in software. Really annoying and only started happening after driver install. Any help on how to fix would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 10:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
there may be an issue with USB 3.0 ports. A USB 2.0 powered hub may solve issues. But i would first try to a do a fresh installation of the dirvers. See at hercules.dom Support FAQ pages. I believe there is a guide on how to do that (among others).

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 2:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)