Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Micophone loud buzzing when activated.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Everything works well except when I press the mic button while music is playing a loud buzzing plays over the music being played. How would I go about fixing this.
My hardware is
Controller; Pioneer DDJ-SX
Microphone; AudioTechnica AT2020
Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlette 2i2
Software: VDJ7
Soundcard in sound setup: Pioneer DDJSX ASIO Ultra Latency checked

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:52 am
Looking at your kit list, I assume that you're plugging the mic into the 2i2 (as the mic needs 48v) so what's your audio setup in VDJ 7?

Have you got input enabled and the 2i2 selected for that?

Where exactly is this mic button you're pressing? The VDJ 7 mic button on the skin?

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 2:46 am
groovindj wrote :
Looking at your kit list, I assume that you're plugging the mic into the 2i2 (as the mic needs 48v) so what's your audio setup in VDJ 7?

Have you got input enabled and the 2i2 selected for that?

Where exactly is this mic button you're pressing? The VDJ 7 mic button on the skin?

Input: Microphone
Output: Headpones Master 1and 2 Headphones 3 and 4
Sound Card: Pioneer DDJ_SX ASIO

Buffer Length is 10 ms and I'm pressing the mic button on VDJ 7 skin.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 11:39 pm
You have Input: Microphone

This would typically enable the built in mic on your computer, not an external USB audio interface with a phantom mic on an XLR.

Maybe it is a little bit misleading, because you are plugging in a mic - but not directly. The mic plugs into the 2i2, and the 2i2 is plugged into the computer, so the 2i2 is what needs to be selected as an aux/line input.

You may not be able to configure VDJ 7 LE in this way, as it's limited free software.

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 6:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)