Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: external sound card issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am having a problem where my PC doesn't have a soundcard that can properly split the audio. It plays through both channels. I believe this is because of my soundcard, so I was going to buy one that is external and connects via usb. The only problem is, I am not sure if this would correct my issue. Here is a link the external soundcard I was looking at. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I don't currently have the money to go out and buy a Mac, so that option isn't possible.

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Channel-Surround-External-Optical/dp/B009NVS6KS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422288108&sr=8-3&keywords=external+sound+card+5.1

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 10:03 am

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 10:08 am
Almost all of my coworkers have Macs and are able to use just the built in audio to split the channel onto two decks.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 12:41 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
you can, if you prefer mono output :-)
what did your coworkers suggest you to do or what did THEY do to make it work ?
Of cause you can use a cheap USB soundcard but it is like driving a porsche with tires that allow only 60 mph :-)

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 12:43 pm
When they go into the settings to set up they use the option "built in audio" instead of selecting a sound card. For me, my laptop only allows me to use a sound card. We all use external mixers.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)