Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ8 Pioneer DDJ-SR Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have been using the DDJ-ERGO since 8 was first released with no issues.

Purchased the DDJ-SR a couple of weeks ago and it is all over the place Especially with the pads plus.

The left deck pads react completely different to the right deck pads when using the hot cue roll.

Also the sampler will highlight the pads on right side deck but not left side deck and when trying to use the sampler roll the laft deck will not initiate until the right hand deck has been activated.

The trim randomely keeps resetting it self and can not find an option anywhere to solve this.

Theres a few other issues but just want to get the main ones out of the way ATM. Have a gig friday night and really dont want to go back to the ergo but this is really driving me crazy.

PS. Have up dated pioneers drivers and reinstalled VDJ8 as well and no difference.

Any help appreciated.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 12:21 am
pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Solved most of the issues............ Trim (feel a bit stupid with this one lol) is just adjusting the gain so disabled the gain reset on new song load.

Not sure why this solved a lot of my issues but I installed the Pioneer SR drivers from the disk that came with the SR.......I also downloaded the latest Pioneer drivers and firmware for the SR from there website. Now what I have now done is deleted and un-installed every pioneer driver on my PC so I could start fresh.
With all these installed it gave me a lot of different options in the sound part of configurations.
After deleting them all I now only have the VDJ options in configurations and most of my issues have now dissapeared..........they must have been conflicting with each other maybe.....

I changed a couple of the cue options to false instead of true and both my pads now work the same........not sure how this made a difference either but it did lol.

Still got a couple of other minor issues but it seemed to work fine over all at the gig I done last night.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 4:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)