Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Video Editing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I do some own stuff with other programs like convert with wondershare, editing with sony vegas etc..

But now Im open for trying some other programs, and want to know what you are using ?
And do please tell whats + or - ?

Now Im going to try cinema 4d for doing logos..

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 10:37 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
30 day free trial to Adobe creative cloud. 2 years later I am still using it. Complicated, but amazing results!

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 8:20 pm
Nice to hear DHoude.

Have been looking at Adobe myself but never steped that way, yet.
I think vegas was a bit complicated in the begining but its a great program.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 12:51 pm
I own Vegas and Avid Studio also. You can easily get good results. But the export options for video are limited to what Vegas or Avid Studio deem "most common". Live performance playback is a lot more demanding. Vegas and Avid Studio are more ment for home video from what I have seen.

Don't get me wrong, they are great tools. Because I have not used either in the last two years I can't remember specifically what made me look for more control of my export format. But I could easily see a difference in clarity, sharpness, aspect ratio (black bars or stretching) of the final edited video with other tools.

As a test, load the original video in one deck and the edit in another and play side by side with the Split transition so you can see both at the same time. With Adobe, I really can't see any notable degradation. Plus you get key frame control, which is important to live performance DJ / VJ software.

Also found this post is a good read http://fr.virtualdj.com/forums/125220/General.../Video_Encoding.html

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 9:18 pm
Thank you for your answer.
I think Vegas output is a bit blurry sometimes but I think its my own settings that has done that ?

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 4:58 am

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 10:11 am
freppa wrote :
Thank you for your answer.
I think Vegas output is a bit blurry sometimes but I think its my own settings that has done that ?

Maybe, or maybe not. Most of the time there was some fuzzieness compared to the original on my edits with Avid and Vegas.

That edit looked good though. Good job!

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 7:35 pm
Thanks !

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 9:52 am

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 5:51 am

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 6:57 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Sony vegas pro has a lot of export options, I'd say versatility is probably one of its strong points, although you can export to an uncompressed format, and encode/compress using a 3rd party app of your choice such as handbrake.

I've been using Vegas for years and I'm usually able to export a video that looks superior to source, based on colour correction, FX, and using optimal project/rendering settings.

Posted Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 4:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)