Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX samples too loud

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Pioneer DDJ SX, how do I configure vdj7 so the samples volume can be adjusted with the ddj, right now my sample volumes are all the way down in vdj, but when compare to my deck volume, the samples are extremely loud. I also notice the ddj sampler volume only affects sampler 1 in vdj.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 3:20 am
In VirtualDj 7 the sampler volume slider works against the "selected" sample.
When the program starts, the selected sample is always sample 1. However triggering a sample will make this sample as the "selected" one. Using the sampler volume slider then should affect this sample.

If you want to control all the samples volume at once then modify your mapper and use the following code for the sampler volume slider:

sampler volume 1 & sampler volume 2 & sampler volume 3 & sampler volume 4 & sampler volume 5 & sampler volume 6 & sampler volume 7 & sampler volume 8 & sampler volume 9 & sampler volume 10 & sampler volume 11 & sampler volume 12

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 3:39 am
Thanks for the prompt reply, I still notice even with the sample volume at minimum, my samples are very loud compare to my deck volume, this is my sound config.
Advanced Config
Deck 1--> ddj-sx --> out 1&2
Deck 2--> ddj-sx --> out 1&2
Deck 3--> ddj-sx --> out 1&2
Deck 4--> ddj-sx --> out 1&2
Headphone--> ddj-sx --> out 3&4

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 4:27 am
You should not use advanced audio setup with SX.
You should use
Inputs->None
Outputs->Headphones
Soundcard->ASIO->Pioneer DDJ SX ASIO

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 4:31 am
Thank you Phantom, That corrected the problem.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 5:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)