Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virjual DJ 7 Mac Install

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just purchased this and it won't install on my Mac Mini. Error message is I need the latest operation system. I have the latest OS X Yosemite.
Is there a patch to accept OS X Yosemite?
Also I tried to register it to were the cd rom sticker listed and the Encore site comes up not found on Safari and Firefox'
Thanks
thegrube

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 12:03 pm
Please give more details.

VDJ 7 is not for sale any more. You may possibly have received a free copy of VDJ 7 LE with a controller, which probably needs updating to the latest version once registered here.

Encore site? Did you buy an American Audio Encore 2000?

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 12:27 pm
I bought it this week at my local Best Buy. Evidently they are selling old software versions. There is an Activation code in the box. The CD-Rom label reads Product Registration http//register.encore.com/. (website not found)
I can't find my receipt, must have thru it away with the bag. If I can't use this on my mac mini with OS X 10.10 Yosemite, then it looks like Best Buy screwed me.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 1:18 pm
You bought what this week?

[Google break] Is it Virtual DJ Broadcaster for $39.99? Don't post your registration details here!

You'll need to contact support here. Hopefully they can help you register on this site.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 1:56 pm
Yes It Is Virtual DJ 7 Broadcast. I hope your support can help me since the Encore site is no more. I wasn't about to list my activation code here. If the number on the end of the Encore http address was any part of the registration info it is a useless number for a site nonexistent.
thanks

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 4:49 pm
Called Best Buy And This Old Virjual DJ 7 Mac Version by Encore is all they sell and they won't Refund even with a receipt, they will just replace it if its damaged with The same version. Gee isn't that nice, another copy that can't be upgraded since the Encore Site Is No More. I will never buy anymore software from those inconsiderate butt heads again! Hope I get some good news from your Support group when the process my support request ticket.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 11:21 pm
That's a pretty standard response to be honest. You bought software. You've opened it.

It's to prevent people buying, going home & installing it, then taking it back & getting a refund (keeping the software installed).

At the end of the day it's an Atomix product so they should honour your purchase. You have the s/n so everything should be fine.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 5:01 am
The refund process I understand, It's the selling of old software that won't work on todays macs that makes me angry. My Dad has had this happen to him on other software from Best Buy, He now always goes to the publishers sites and checks for the latest versions and buys them online. I will do the same from now on.
Thanks for all the help.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 8:10 am
To make matters worse, the exact same thing is on Amazon for $15.23

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 8:25 am
My dad typed in the Encore registration address and on his Windows Explorer browser and it went straight to the Encore registration page. Weird, registered the product ok through Windows Explorer. Will try their support since they are apparently still active.
Thanks

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 8:58 am
Yes, seems to be working now in all browsers. They must've just been offline when you tried before.

Do they have updated versions for download once you've registered?

It'd make sense to register here too if poss, as your user details would reflect that (and the updates would be in your account).

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 9:18 am
I sent Encore a request ticket for info on the OS X Yosemite 10.10 system. I also have a request ticket in on this site asking if I can register it here and get the OS X Yosemite 10.10 info.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 10:05 am
Your support team emailed me that version 7 won't work and they are not supporting it anymore. They recommended Pro Virtual 8 DJ but I can't afford the $299.00 or the monthly payment since my health problems don't allow me to hold a job right now. So I just threw 40 bucks away. I'll have to look into finding a lower cost DJ program for my Mack on the internet.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 8:31 am
Why don't you just use the free Home version of VDJ 8? Is there any particular reason why you needed VDJ 7 Broadcast?

Presumably you're not using a controller (as Broadcast doesn't support them) so Home would be fine for personal use.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 8:44 am
I just want to simulate turntables and mix and save songs with them.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 9:58 am
Downloaded the Free VDJ8 and it loaded its newest update. Runs great! and is all I need for what I'm doing, Thank you for all the help!

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 10:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)