Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: can't get out of the Hercules controller skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought a Hercules controller (4MX) last year, and I've just installed the free version of VDJ that came with it on a new laptop. I then upgraded to the 20-day trial of VDJ PRO (v 7.4.2) by pressing the button in VDJ LE. Both the LE and the PRO version had the Hercules-specific skin enabled.

I wanted to switch back to the normal VDJ PRO skin that I'm used to from my friend's rig (so I can use the BPM button etc.).

When I go into config, the normal (i.e. non Hercules) skins are all there, but when I select them and press Ok the skin stays the same (the Hercules-specific one).

How can I switch skins or is this disabled for my version(s) of VDJ because they came with the Hercules controller?

thanks

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 7:13 am
You're showing as a Pro Infinity user, so there are a couple of things you can try...

With VDJ 8, the skin you've chosen is stored in settings.xml so to reset things you could just delete settings.xml (or just the line within it) then restart VDJ, or you could remove (or rename) the Hercules skin from the skins folder, then when you restart VDJ it will use the default skin.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 6:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)