Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Big problem with volume jumps

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all. we are having a problem with vdj7 free edition. Looking around online it seems that others have had this problem but nobody seems to be able to resolve it :(
Inbetween our live sets we stick a playlist on automix. At random times the volume will shoot right up and we have to dive to the mixing desk to turn it down. sometime afterwards the volume will drop again to the previous level, so we turn the channel back up again (until it randomly shoots up again)
I have noticed that the pfl button changes colour when this happens but we are not pressing anything. It is totally random and does it on different songs at random times.
Any thoughts would be welcome.
The volume shot up at a gig last weekend just as i was at the bar and nearly gave everyone a heart attack!!
Other than this i cant fault vdj7 at all.
Please help. Thanks

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 3:42 pm
This is most likely caused by playing songs that have not been analysed yet (E.g: New music that you have added or songs that you've not played previously.) Please see the following FAQ page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html

Also, if you are being paid for these live gigs where you are using the software, then you must VirtualDJ Pro Infinity or a monthly v8 Pro Subscription. VirtualDJ Home FREE is for non-commercial home use only and cannot be used at gigs where you are being paid. If this is the case, please support the software that's helping you earn your living by purchasing it.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 9:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Also the fact that the "difference" in loudness is affected by which deck is on PFL (Headphones Channel), makes me think that there is an incorrect Audio configuration there. Try to have only Master (not Master+Headphones) in the Sound Setup

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 9:51 am
I had that problem and I turned off the autogain.

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 7:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)