Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX2 microphone issues - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What do you mean by a "mono cable"? The SM58 and PG48 are mono mics. They wouldn't use or require a stereo cable.

Crackles/pops when moving the cable sounds as if your cable is dodgy, or the RMX2 mic sockets are damaged in some way.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 8:28 am
TrotsControlleristMember since 2014
I think i should have said unbalanced cable rather than mono. The thing is, Hercules RMX 2 is listed as having a balanced mic input, but clearly the balanced vs unbalanced cable made a world of difference. I think your'e probably right in suggesting an issue with the RMX2's faulty connection as its the same on both my units

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 9:20 am
Trots -

I too have the same issue with my RMX2 and have read other forums where people reported it as well. I even bought a mic attenuator to lower the DB's, and it made an improvement, but was still too hissy.

Like you, I tried all of the different settings based on what I read on the internet and none helped.

At the end, I bought a Behringer rack mixer and connected my mixer and mic directly into it, and that fed out to my powered speakers. Soooo much better! Plus, it gave me the ability to connect other devices as needed.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 3:47 pm
Trots wrote :
I am using the Hercules RMX2 controller with VDJ8. Everything is fine apart from the microphone aspect of the RMX2. When i hit the mic on/off button on the controller, the hiss and feedback is very high. If i then switch on my mic it is almost unusable due to the loud volume and feedback. This is with the volume dial on both the RMX2 and VDJ turned to zero. It seems to have no bearing whether the mic is plugged in or not and also no bearing on whether VDJ is running or not. As soon as the mic on/off button is hit you can tell things arent right.

Anyone had a similar issue or found a solution?

I am having that issue as well. mic, or no mic. I'm still waiting for Hercules to e-mail me back on this issue.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 12:03 pm
I use this config, and don't have that issue. The mic is hot, even with the attenuation all the way down, but it works. Remove the mic configuration from the audio setup, and see how that sounds.
I also use the talk over

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 12:51 am
I too have the same issue with my RMX2 and have read other forums where people reported it as well.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 1:11 am
As I've stated, remove the mic setting. I have never used it, and only used it to recreate the issue that the OP was having.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 2:11 am
Zhenhuafr888 wrote :
I too have the same issue with my RMX2 and have read other forums where people reported it as well.

Hi, bottom line is that its a cheap controller. I use it and it works well but if you are at a gig where you need to use the microphone eg wedding then you need to put it through a decent main mixer.

Only at the higher end controllers would I not do that eg the Pioneer DDJ SX and better.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 4:32 pm
following are the equipment that i use & HAD a similar issue: Hercules RMX2, Virtual DJ8, Shure BLX Wireless mic & Mac book pro.

Solution that works fine for me:
Now i use the "Hercules DJ Console RMX2" Skin. Now when i fire up my VDJ8 Software i have noticed that the default Microphone setting is tuned up to the max/ full [As indicated by the blue dotted ring] Using the mouse i turn the volume down completely , this will now not show you the blue dotted ring.

Now on the physical Hercules RMX2 mixer unit i make sure that the volume knob is also turned fully off & the mic button is switched off.
Now i connect my microphone cable [regardless un/balanced cable]
Now i press the mic button on & very slowly turn the physical knob on the mixer while doing a voice test on the mic.

NOTE: What i have noticed is the Mic know on the mixer has to be barely turned up [almost close to zero] and the mic to work fine, there us no Hissing or anything. By the way the Mic volume on the physical mixer is not connected to the software volume on the VDJ8 software. So you will not see it go up or down like the gain on the Mixer & VDJ8 software works.

I hope this helps you out........ If you are still having issues send me a PM

Trots wrote :
I am using the Hercules RMX2 controller with VDJ8. Everything is fine apart from the microphone aspect of the RMX2. When i hit the mic on/off button on the controller, the hiss and feedback is very high. If i then switch on my mic it is almost unusable due to the loud volume and feedback. This is with the volume dial on both the RMX2 and VDJ8 turned to zero. It seems to have no bearing whether the mic is plugged in or not and also no bearing on whether VDJ8 is running or not. As soon as the mic on/off button is hit you can tell things aren't right.

Anyone had a similar issue or found a solution?

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 1:12 pm
tomsn2kHome userMember since 2015
Hi,
Same phenomenon here! I was beginning to doubt myself but now that I know I'm not alone...
At first I thought my microphone was faulty but then I tried without something being plugged in and there you go.. buzzing noise. We can exclude the DJ software as the source for this error because I don't use Virtual DJ but mixxx on a laptop running Linux cinnamon.

I like the console so far but this problem can't remain unsolved. You say Hercules didn't even respond? Ok, I am going to contact their support as well and we will see...

I would like to believe in an happy ending.

Best regards,
Tom

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 9:44 pm
I have the same issue .... my solution was turning the mic vol knob on the rmx2 really low and controlling the mic vol with the knobs on the mic box....if anyone has any better info please let me know

Posted Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 5:10 am
As you mention a "mic box" I assume that you're using a wireless mic?

The output level from the box is probably nearer to line level than what you would normally get from a wired mic.

From all accounts (certainly in this thread) the mic input on the RMX2 is not very good.

Posted Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 10:11 am
The Mic-input of the RMX 2 is a disaster. I use a Shure SM-58 (pretty standard or not?) and I have to set the volume to zero otherwise it's way to loud. To zero?! Since when zero doesn't mean zero anymore? Last time I had to connect a wireless set, a professional set for theatre, and that almost blew my speakers away. A loud beep occurred although the volume was set to zero.

Tried everything but I still hope there's a solution.

And why does the music volume goes down when I switch the Mic on?

Posted Sun 06 Mar 16 @ 4:02 pm
probably a hardware issue not having similar issues with a different controller

that or a mapping issue on the mic vol maybe?
are you using default mapper?

Posted Sun 06 Mar 16 @ 5:30 pm

I'm having the same issues with 2 separate rmx2 consoles. Can anyone recommend a better console for using a microphone since I'm going to be using it for karoke .... Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 4:14 pm
What's your budget? Of course there's a LOT of kit that's better than a RMX2 - but it costs more money.

Also, you say "a microphone" but if you're doing karaoke then surely you'd need at least two mics (one for you, one for the singer)?

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 4:30 pm
I bought a mic attenuators on eBay for $11. It brings the mic level down from 20 to 40 dbs. This solved my hot mic problem and now I can turn up the mic volume knob on the RMX2 with no problems. I still get that annoying hiss however.

Posted Wed 11 May 16 @ 3:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)