Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ AND cloud based hard drive

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I setup some WD cloud based hard drive but VDJ software dose not see the hard drive I think it's time to add this

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 11:29 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I would not trust a cloud based solution as my primary library source. To many possibilities for not being able to get to my files during a show. Content unlimited I use for requests and such, but I download those to cache and test them before playing. I would not want to do that with every file I play.

I do, however, use the cloud for copies of my VDj folder outside of the cache folder. This allows me to mirror my settings to a backup PC.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 14 @ 9:07 am
What are you talking about there is nothing wrong with those cloud based hard drive I just want VDJ to see it and access it

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 9:00 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Cloud based needs network access to work. That may not be available at all of my locations. So, I make sure all of my files are on a physical media with me at the gig.

As far as your setup, is there a drive letter associated with your cloud solution, or a folder? If so, can you browse it directly within VDJ's file browser?

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 1:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)