Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Buy Mac ...... I get?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good evening to you all .................
I use Windows 8.1
I7, 2.4ghz, 24gb ram, 256ssd, 2gb gforce and I have no problem ................ but because it is 17 '' and weights I want to get something what slight ... .

So I say first get Mac ....
And this particular that I found is MacBook Pro Retina, 2.4ghz, 16gb ram, 512flash, iris + 1gb ram (second graphics card)

Now I fear little ............... for new software Yosemite ........ as I see are many crash and many lag .....

They are ready to use it?
Help me not to do it for free market ............... it is too much money
Correctly implemented by Virtual Dj 8 ............. (note that I play Karaoke + Dj so I use and Video if that helps)

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 1:24 pm
Anyone?

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 12:59 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Killer,

I have a number of Mac's that I use with VDJ8 of various configurations, all running Yosemite. The most recent machine is about 4-6 months old, which is a Macbook Pro i5 w/8GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. It runs excellent.

Being that you are looking at a machine which is a little higher in specs that I, you will also be fine.

Any specific concerns you have?

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 8:35 am
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
dcomo,
I'm watching responses to killer's original post.
I'm running two Apple MacBook Pro's (15.4-Inch Laptops with Retina Display)
-- 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Processors
-- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM--
-- OS X Maverick
They are identical (purchased on same day) -- one is my primary and the other is the back-up.
All is well on my gigs since I've fired these Macs up using VDJ8 and my Pro License.
My biggest worry is the move to Yosemite.
That OS has some extremely scary issues raised by some super extremely Pi**ED OFF people. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm leaning in the direction of "wait and see" and for now sticking with the Maverick OS (if it ain't broke -don't fix it).
Good to see you are happy with the Yosemite. That's another tick mark on the positive list. For now I'm going to wait until the hundreds of negative reviews on Apple's own download site dwindle down to a dozen. :)

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 10:20 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Understood. Mavericks is a solid OS release (compared to the mess of Snow Leopard, Lion, ML, etc.) If you are comfortable at 10.9, then I would advise you to stay there until you are ready to move.

I generally jump into everything quickly with two feet since I like chasing the shiny ball, however that could come with consequences that I will have to deal with.

Apple is still continuing to update Mavs for the foreseeable future, so if it works for you, godspeed! :-)

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 10:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)