Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bluetooth Headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all. I am using Version 7 on my laptop. Prior to today I was using the headphone output of the laptop to run the sound to the mixer/PA and a USB headphone adapter to run the headphones. That has always run fine.

Today I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my laptop and a pair of Sony wireless bluetooth headphones. When I try to configure Virtual DJ I can't get any sound out of the Bluetooth headphones even though they are selected as the headphone device.

Is there a way I can do this: meaning can I run the headphone jack to the mixer/PA and the bluetooth connection to the bluetooth headphones? Does the bluetooth act as a second sound card? If I make the bluetooth headphones the default sound in Windows I can hear them for Windows Media Center, etc but even then I can't get them working with Virtual DJ.

Any help? I really want to have these Bluetooth headphones working.

Thanks .......... Rob

I probably should add that I am running Virtual DJ Version 7 on Windows 8.1.

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 6:08 pm
I can't get the bluetooth headphone to work at all with Virtual DJ. I can get them to work with other apps. But I have to make them the default output device. I am trying to use a USB sound card for the master which works fine. But even then I can't get the bluetooth headphones to work. I get about 1 sec of noise every once and while and then nothing.

Ironically I can get the headphone to work using asio4all but then the latency is not acceptable.

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 9:36 pm
I just want to reiterate that my bluetooth adapter and headphones work perfectly with every app I can test with except for Virtual DJ. Unfortunately it is exactly that program that I bought this for. I am really hoping someone can help me determine if I have something set wrong or whether I have found a weird bug in Version 8.

Posted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 12:58 am
not sure why they do not work but any wireless device ..... bluetooth or otherwise is going to add latency because of the transmit time from a to b imo never going to be good for monitoring live mixing.

some reason why your not using vdj8? might be more compatible just a suggestion.

good luck

PS guessing most of the staff here is on holiday so be patient.

Posted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 6:46 am
RobGoldberg,

Did you ever find out the source of the problem? I am currently going through the exact situation. Every other app works fine but with Virtual DJ 8, there is no budge whatsoever. Please help.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 7:50 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
since 2014?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 8:05 pm
I'm having the same issue with VDJ8 and a Bose Soundlink Mini currently running Windows 10. Any suggestions on how to get it to work would be swell. Thanks.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 11:18 pm
Using Bluetooth for audio with Virtual DJ = bad idea.

Why? Because it introduces latency (a delay between an action and the result) and that's the last thing you need for DJ use.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 6:01 pm
My use for the Bluetooth isn't for when I DJ a gig. It's a Bose Soundlink Mini speaker and it's purely for consultation purposes when meeting with clients and recreational use around the house for cookouts and family gatherings. Just trying to troubleshoot how to get it to work.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 6:03 pm
Well if it's only for that, you don't need to use VDJ. Just play your music with Windows Media Player, Winamp, VLC or similar.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 8:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are still using vdj 7 it would probably be a good idea to try vdj 8.
It shouldn't be a problem to select the bluetooth headphones for either master or headphones in the audio setup once it's paired correctly.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 9:51 am
It is paired correctly and I am using vdj8 with setting accurate to Bluetooth. The reason I use vdj for consults is that it is easier to navigate through my folders of music for the client experience. I specialize in weddings and the more organized you can present yourself to a bride and groom the better.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 11:52 am
Why not use the aux input on the Bose? It's going to be more reliable than a wireless connection, surely?

Sometimes old school is best. :-)

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 4:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it is working in other programs it should work in vdj as well.
Can you post a screenshot of your audio setup page?

Posted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 8:34 am
I have the Vitual DJ 8 free and I have de exact same issue. I paired may laptop via bt with my Onkyo sound system. Every app in my laptop plays well, but Virtal DJ doesn't sent the output sound to the Onkyo.
In "Audio" in VitualDJ, it recognizes the "Audio Bluetooth (WASAPI)". I tried both "speakers" and "headphones" and I couldn't hear any sound.
Any ideas?

Posted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 12:59 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
wasabi is pretty good sound in my opinion. if you read about the history of asio. wasabi is being developed on a more regular basis. just avoid directsound if u can

Posted Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 9:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)