Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sampler Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Howdy folks! I'm not sure what I did over here but for some reason when I activate a sample, it only does one at a time now (before, I was able to activate any sampler at the same time). When I activate a sampler and I activate another one at the same time, it stops the one I activated the first time and plays the newly activated one instead. How do I make it so that I can activate as many samples AT THE SAME TIME without it automatically stopping? Thanks in advance for your kind help and best regards.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 10:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 11:36 pm
locodog wrote :
Have you grouped the samples together? It sounds like you have Ungroup them
http://pbrd.co/1zaNhhg

Locodog,

Thanks for this reply and really appreciate the screen grab. However, On further testing I noticed that the issue is when I press the Sample Pads on my DDJ-SX. When I activate the samples via the keyboard, its normal. How do I fix this on my controller? Is that via the mappers? Thanks for your help -- truly appreciate it.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 8:07 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Are you sure the samples you activated with keyboard are in the same group?
AFAIK you are just able to activate one sample of a group at a time. Different samples of different groups could always be played together.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 9:26 am
PachN wrote :
Are you sure the samples you activated with keyboard are in the same group?
AFAIK you are just able to activate one sample of a group at a time. Different samples of different groups could always be played together.

I will have to test it back -- I thought perhaps I might have did something wrong but hopefully that is the case and not my controller acting up. Thanks for all your help and your time.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 2:29 pm
Okay, I found the issue I'm having with the Sampler. All my samples are in one group and so they all work fine and I can activate as many as I can at the same time. Once I put them into a SAMPLER GROUP to adjust the volume, I am NOT ABLE to activate more than one sample at the same time as they cancel each other out. Not sure if this is a bug or not but I am able to adjust the volume of the group but am NOT ABLE to activate more than one sample at the same time if I place them into a SAMPLER VOLUME GROUP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 7:53 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's the idea of grouping, 1 sample at a time with a common volume control. Not a bug, un-group the samples.

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 9:24 am
locodog wrote :
That's the idea of grouping, 1 sample at a time with a common volume control. Not a bug, un-group the samples.

I was hoping to have a function where I can use the volume control on my controller to adjust the volume of all samples in 1 group AND be able to activate any sampler without one cancelling the other out. Isn't there not a MASTER VOLUME control for samples only instead of having to adjust each volume separately? Appreciate your help.

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 2:48 pm
Yes there is.

sampler_volume_master

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 3:03 pm
groovindj wrote :
Yes there is.

sampler_volume_master

Thanks a bunch, I will try and figure out how to get this working. Appreciate this very much -- best regards.

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 7:22 am
On the default DDJ-SX mapping (VDJ 8), the sampler volume control is already set to sampler_volume_master.

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 7:46 am
groovindj wrote :
On the default DDJ-SX mapping (VDJ 8), the sampler volume control is already set to sampler_volume_master.

Thanks for all your help, I have it working now. The only issue is when I move the sampler volume control, the VDJ Sampler Volume (the white bar) DOES NOT move and stays at full. How do I get it so that the VDJ Sampler bar moves to reflect the slider volume on my controller?

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 5:45 am
As far as I'm aware, the white bars visible for each sample in the list view are the individual volumes. Those would move if you set up a control to adjust each sample separately.

BTW don't concern yourself about things on screen not moving when using external hardware control. You have a physical control - you don't need the software control too.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 6:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)