Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Setting up Denon MC2000 with VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I've just got hold of a Denon MC2000 and Native support for VDJ8 was one of the things that influenced me. As I understand it that means it should be a case of install the drivers and plug it in and everything should work? I'm using a windows 7 32 Bit Dell Laptop

Well something has gone awry somewhere with the volume and headphone output. I have to say all the controls are working just fine as far as I can tell, although it will take a minute to figure out what the fx controls and the Beats/Sample volume nob are actually doing! However when I plugged it in after installing the drivers the headphone output came out of the master output, and the headphone output wasn't doing anything... Fiddling around in the settings I managed to get the master output coming out of the master output sockets, and the headphone output coming out of the mini jack on my laptop. So it was working after a fashion, but clearly not perfect. Now I did check the unit with Serato Intro that came packaged with it, and everything worked fine, so I don know there isn't an issue with the headphone socket.

Can someone run through the settings with me?

On Output should it be Speaker and Headphone?

On Card should it be Denon MC2000 or Two Soundcards?

What should the settings be in the next box down, for Master and Headphones? What are the Soundcard and Channel settings be for each?

If I set the Headphone row to Denon DJ AISO for DJ Controller (AISO) I get an error message in a bubble at the bottom right saying, Virtual DJ - No Sound Card. Denon DJ AISO for DJ Controller Failed to create buffers.

Also after fiddling around with it for a while and getting it back to having the headphone output coming out of the minijack on my laptop there was a very noticeable drop in the volume of the Master Output.

Also should I plug the unit in before firing up the software or the other way around?

Anyway, I'm sure this is either a simple settings issue I'm too dumb to figure out for myself or some issue with the drivers. I did find someone posting early in 2014 with the same sort of issue with the MC2000 but the thread didn't really come to a resolution, I think the guy found a work around he was happy with and that was that.

Can you advise?

Thanks

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What is the link for the Drivers that you have installed ?
the Denon ASIO for Controllers were supposed to work only for the Denon MC6000MKII.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 9:43 am
Hi DJDad

Well the first version was on the disc that came with the unit, Denon DJ MC2000 AISO Driver Instillation for Windows. Once that was installed I was directed to the Denon DJ page to get the latest version http://denondj.com/products/view/mc2000#.VJG_1NLF8bg

So the unit is obviously branded and packaged with Serato Intro, should I try uninstalling the AISO Drivers and seeing if it works better like that with VDJ8?

(Also volume problem resolved, it was with my speakers not the software)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 11:44 am
Hi DJDad

Well the first version was on the disc that came with the unit, Denon DJ MC2000 AISO Driver Instillation for Windows. Once that was installed I was directed to the Denon DJ page to get the latest version http://denondj.com/products/view/mc2000#.VJG_1NLF8bg

So the unit is obviously branded and packaged with Serato Intro, should I try uninstalling the AISO Drivers and seeing if it works better like that with VDJ8?

(Also volume problem resolved, it was with my speakers not the software)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 11:53 am
Sorry for the double post above.

Yeah out of curiosity I uninstalled the AISO drivers and the unit still functions exactly as before, ie everything works perfectly except for the master out put actually being the headphone/cue channel. Same fix to route the headphone channel out of the laptop.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 12:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need the ASIO drivers in order both Master and Headphones Channels to be offered.

Since the new ASIO for Controller is now the official ASIO driver, we changed this in the default definition, so from builds ending at .897 (or higher) , the special button in the AUDIO tab will auto-create Master and Headphones assigned to the new driver.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 1:16 pm
ok so.... the current build is ...896? That means I have to wait for the next update for this to work? And the updates are all done automatically aren't they?
Any idea how long?

And thanks for your assistance :)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)