Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Grunge Hardy {Skin} - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm working on a skin with a grunge style to it. Currently working on the cosmetics first then changing the decks and adding cover option for decks. Please let me know what you guys think or if I'm wasting my time. Would love to contribute to Virtual DJ in some way and to the wonderful Virtual DJ community. I hope this skin style is allowed -- otherwise I will scrap it.

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 12:24 pm
I like the look of the background, keep it up bro!!

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 5:01 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I like the look of the background, keep it up bro!!

Beatbreaker1, thanks for your reply my man -- really appreciate it. I'm redesigning a skin and making the decks a little bit bigger. I will post updates on the skin at a later date but it's definitely coming along and am looking forward to releasing it in the nearest future.

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 5:16 pm
Wow,looks like abstract art
Very beautyfull Skin ,can`t wait

greatings,Dirk

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 2:20 pm
vlnjacki wrote :
Wow,looks like abstract art
Very beautyfull Skin ,can`t wait

greatings,Dirk

Appreciate your response and I look forward to sharing this skin with everybody. However, I am redesigning it cosmetically before I will do anything else to the skin and as a result, this may take some time. What I can reassure you is it will be worth the wait.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 1:08 pm
The new skin I'm working on called Grunge Hardy has been renamed to Punky Grungester and the following screenshots show what the decks will look like LOADED & UNLOADED. I've also added some shadowing for the fireball in the center of the deck giving it a slick look. Hope everybody likes this skin so far -- please do let me know what you think of it (good or bad comments). Your comments is what gives me the fire to do what I do. Take care everybody.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 1:11 pm
relatively is not a skin, whether the background is the only thing that has changed and a new creation would not be considered, especially if a change, luck friend,

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 2:13 pm
DjKaos2012 wrote :
relatively is not a skin, whether the background is the only thing that has changed and a new creation would not be considered, especially if a change, luck friend,

Appreciate your feedback, however, it will look completely different as I'll be changing all the elements in the skin (not just cosmetic). So whether or not it gets authorized for publication on the site has no ill effect on the skin completion -- I like it and if it don't get put up on the site, I respect that and I'll still be using the skin regardless. I'll keep my toes crossed though because it's going to look real nice once I'm done. Best regards and thanks again for your reply.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 2:20 pm
I like the idea, I hope comes out as you would expect, very lucky, greetings from Ecuador.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 2:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Skins that only offer a different background or different graphics (e.g. different Jogwheel) cannot be considered as new skins.
More custom buttons ? Well, that could be a reason to have a skin variation (among others), but i really dont see the point, since the default skin already has plenty and you can also assign multiple actions to a single one. too.
the "Reloaded" skin is also offering some additional features/functions around the wheels.

Bottom line i find such a skin not useful to have it shared with the community. But if others find your different background essential for their mixing, well, what can a single man do ? :)

Be creative :)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:01 pm
djdad wrote :
Skins that only offer a different background or different graphics (e.g. different Jogwheel) cannot be considered as new skins.
More custom buttons ? Well, that could be a reason to have a skin variation (among others), but i really dont see the point, since the default skin already has plenty and you can also assign multiple actions to a single one. too.
the "Reloaded" skin is also offering some additional features/functions around the wheels.

Bottom line i find such a skin not useful to have it shared with the community. But if others find your different background essential for their mixing, well, what can a single man do ? :)

Be creative :)

Thanks for this awesome message -- I truly appreciate everybody's feedback on this. I really suck at the XML portion of it though and so it may take some time. In the end, I really hope this is something everybody would like because this would be a first for skins that look like this. I haven't seen any skin like what I have in store and so I hope this would be something everybody would enjoy. Thanks again everybody & enjoy the rest of the week.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 5:30 pm
PunkyGrungester is coming along and here is the preview so far. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 6:53 am
Where does the background image come from?

Is it your own work or from the internet (copyright to someone else)?

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 9:59 am
groovindj wrote :
Where does the background image come from?

Is it your own work or from the internet (copyright to someone else)?

The background is from a collection of old images I've found on my drive -- not sure where they originated from. That's a good point however because since I'm not sure of the image origin, I won't be posting this skin.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 2:26 pm
How do I get a copy??

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 4:09 pm
Still working on the skin but here is what the jog looks like. Please let me know what you think of the jog needle design so far. This is still in development and needs obviously lots of work but I'm getting the hang of it now. Keeping it simple yet very modern -- hopefully an eye-catching skin to you that you will enjoy using .

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 10:57 am
Fruit or anyone else who can help, in the skin I'm designing I notice that the rotation isn't completely perfect and that there is a slight wobble. I tried moving the numbers 1 position either way but I can't figure out why there might be a slight wobble -- it's not a perfect spin. Any ideas?

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 11:48 am
hlwpnt wrote :
the rotation isn't completely perfect

The rotation of what?

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 12:06 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Rotations in VDJ 8 are not that easy because at some zooms, they will be weirdly resized. You should try at several window sizes to verify that they still buggy, and, you should take that fact in account when trying to draw a new rotation.

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 3:07 pm
Fruit wrote :
Rotations in VDJ 8 are not that easy because at some zooms, they will be weirdly resized. You should try at several window sizes to verify that they still buggy, and, you should take that fact in account when trying to draw a new rotation.

Fruit, Thanks a whole bunch for your information -- I'm going to try your suggestion. When I mean rotation I'm referring to the middle part of the jogwheel -- looking closely at my jog it has a very slight wobble and I've tried everything from moving the x & y positions 1 notch either way but it makes it worse. =/

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 11:06 pm
31%