Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cue points/POIs being altered in VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am having an issue with the cue points/POIs I set being altered after I unload and reload a track in VirtualDJ 8 (Pro).
I have been assiduously beat gridding all my tracks lately. With v.7, I did not mess with the cue points very much other than to set the first one at the beginning of a song and go from there. But because v.8 has such powerful looping and remixing capabilities, I wanted to make sure all my tracks have proper POIs set.
However, I have found that I will load a track, set all the POIs I want (mainly just cue points), mark the color as blue so I know that I've set my cue points, hit "Write Tag," and move on to the next track. BUT when I reload the track to play later, the cue points will be offset from where I set them by 1/4 to 1/2 a beat. Usually, it shifts the entire beat grid, including the "First Beat" marker, to the left, near one of the preset automix points.
This does not happen for all tracks, but it happens to enough that it's making marking my cue points overly tedious and pointless.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how/why my cue points might be changing? Thanks in advance.

Specs, just in case:
Toshiba Satellite 16" laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo, Windows Home 7 Premium 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD)
Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx
VDJ8 build 2073.893 running 2-deck Browser Zoom skin

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 7:46 pm
What file format are the tracks? Audio or video?

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 4:10 am
here's a tip and yes I've had this problem for a long time

change the color unload the track and load it again then set the POI stuff and u should be OK.

I've pointed this out before but nothing has changed as of yet...

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 4:27 am
groovindj wrote :
What file format are the tracks? Audio or video?

They are MP3 audio tracks.

wickedmix wrote :
here's a tip and yes I've had this problem for a long time

change the color unload the track and load it again then set the POI stuff and u should be OK.

I've pointed this out before but nothing has changed as of yet...

Really? That seems really strange, but I'll give it a try and let you know if it works for me. Thanks for the tip!

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 1:02 pm
yep very odd indeed i think the problem occurs when u write the tags after setting the POI for some reason not sure why

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 2:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)