Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: newbie help!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJEZUPPRO InfinityMember since 2012
can i use my numark c3usb mixer to controll virtual dj. as of now i come out of my computer with 2 seperate usbs and into the 2 usb line ins on the mixer. could i just use 1 usb out on the mixer to controll virtualdj via the mixer? not to mention then i could use the turntables as time codes into the mixer first then channeled to virtual dj via the same usb? idk please help

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 7:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It doesn't look like it, it looks like it's just a mixer (not a controller) so there's no buttons to send data to V8, you could use it (maybe) as an analogue mixer and use the keyboard for button presses, but I'm not sure.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 1:15 am
DJEZUPPRO InfinityMember since 2012
it has usb in or out. if even just the faders could controll thier said counterpart on virtual dj. i was dreaming i guess really like this mixer but want to figure how to set up time codes now on my turntables and still have the other 2 virtual dj decks into the mixer also :(

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 9:46 am
No - as locodog says.....it's a mixer, not a controller. Bear in mind that there's no need to control the on-screen mixer if you have a real mixer in front of you.

You can't use it for timecode either, because the two USB audio channels are either inputs or outputs - not both.

Timecode for two turntables requires an interface with two stereo inputs and two stereo outputs.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 12:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Numark wrote :
C3USB has two USB ports, each assignable as an input or output. ........ As outputs, you can send your mix out to a connected computer for recording.

So yes in theory you could send ONE TC signal to V8 via this mixer but then you can't use it as a mixer (usb output is record out) you need a Audio interface

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 8:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)