Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NI F1 Mappings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So glad to see the F1 is now native! Thanks for the VDJ crew for getting that done. Love everything you guys do for us!

I am relatively new to mapping my own stuff and have figured out a few things on the F1 that I wanted. But I have some questions that I can't figure out by reading the button descriptions in CONFIG.

How do you record a loop as a sample? I am guessing the CAPTURE button plays a role, but can't figure it out. I want to be able to grab a loop live and bring it in. Would the script for syncing the running sample to the Masterdeck look like this: masterdeck : sync ? Also, how would you delete said recorded loop?

Is there a way to activate the filter for a Sampler Group? Tried filter_activate : sampler_group 1 with no luck.

Are there any plans to be able to add effects to the Sampler? Might already be there... Like I said, I am new.

TIA to all the great people in these forums that help out and share their knowledge!

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 3:16 am
DMayock13 wrote :
I want to be able to grab a loop live and bring it in

Unfortunately Atomix changed the way the sampler works in VDJ 8. It's no longer possible to record a loop directly to a sampler pad, which rules out that kind of performance.

There are workarounds involving cloning the track to a spare deck, looping it etc. but it's not exactly convenient. :-(

Snatching samples on the fly in 7 was also good because the snatches weren't saved - so you wouldn't end up with a drive full of little clips that you didn't need. In VDJ 8 you have no choice.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 5:01 am
Upon some quick diving, I found the RECORDINGS section under the SAMPLER folder.

Any way to make this browseable and playable? I tried copying one of the XML files present, hoping for a quick fix by editing. Since I want a dynamic type environment with this, it doesn't appear to work.

And I currently use the clone method...

And the more I mess around more questions... Is there a way to have samples in the same group different colors? When I assign them to a group for volume control, they change to the first one I selected in that particular group.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 12:06 pm
Any ideas?

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 7:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)