Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CDJ 850 mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am remapping my 850s with VDJ8. I have mapped them so that the loop select buttons are on (lit up) from the start (1,2,4,8), and that they flash when selected. Also I have mapped the loop in and out buttons so they do not just loop in and out but can also move the in and out points with the jog wheel like on a cdj. The issue I am having is trying to map the memory button to act as a "menu" button, also a loop button as a "menu_button". I am trying to use the loop buttons as loop or hot cue. If anyone could help or let me know if it is even possible it would be much appreciated.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 12:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
By "menu" you mean a menu displayed on the LCD and choose between sampler, Cues, effects for some buttons ? If so, then check the CDJ400 mapping. To "export" the mapping, choose "Show all devices" from the right-click menu in CONTROLLERS tab and modify any key of the factory default one, in order the file to be generated in the Mappers folder.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 12:26 pm
Thanks djdad, will have a look.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 12:27 pm
I also have a question about the mapping of a cdj850. On my cdj400 I could map a led to light on the beat with 'get beat'.
That doesn't work with a cdj850.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 3:34 pm
Had a look and could not get it to work, or get a selection option on the screen. Will keep trying though, and anyone with any ideas im all ears.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 6:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)