Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Deleting Database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have an issue with most of my songs auto gaining into the red. After playing around with it I have came to the conclusion that V8 has inherited gain levels from V7.

When using previous version I always had it set to auto gain + remember. It seems to me (which might be completely wrong) that the remembered gain has crossed over to V8 and the new version works to a different set of parameters, which is why I'm constantly having to manually adjust.

Q. Can I delete a specific part of the database.xml to remove any stored gain levels? Or do I need to delete the whole lot and start from scratch?

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 4:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No just rescan all your tracks and set the autogain 0dB a bit lower. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 11:15 pm
Liked it! I've tried all of the above and still getting the same results. I'll try removing database tonight, but leave it as a backup else where. Let you know the outcome.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 12:01 pm
Bigchap88 wrote :
I'll try removing database tonight

Which one?

If you've still got the VDJ 7 database on your system then VDJ 8 will import the 7 data if/when you restart it (8) without its database.

To truly make a fresh 8 DB, rename or move the 7 DB first, so 8 doesn't read from it when it starts without one.

You''l have a long job rescanning all your tracks in 8, but like Ripley says "it's the only way to be sure". :-)

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 12:47 pm
Played a random song - Katy Perry - Roar, from Now 89 which red lined. Removed database.xml and the song went back to normal levels, i.e. running at 0db average.

Got a couple of days redoing the database but at least the issues is resolved.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 12:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)