Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ 7 (DDJ wego skin), to VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

I'm loving the new update to virtual dj 8; the look and feel of the program has totally changed for the better.

My old set up was a ddj wego skin for vdj 7 but I really want to switch over to the the vdj 8 look. My main problem though is the waveform layout, the old skin had the waveforms horizontally and side by side, however it looks like vdj 8 only has waveforms that are on top of eachother or inverted. Scratch waveform has the layout that I like but without the square beat grid that I love at the bottom. Is there a particular skin that allows this but keeps the professional look of vdj 8?

Thanks in advance guys

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 11:58 pm
If the WeGO skin had the waveform style that you liked, that should still work in VDJ 8.

All that stuff is written into the skin file, so the display type you get depends on the skin you use. Some skins allow a lot of choice.

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 5:54 am
Only purple? :-)

I think more colours could be added by using background visuals and transparency (for shading).

See V8 but by FRUiT or Combat (djdad) for use of visual colours.

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 6:29 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
But unfortunately, for now we still can't create gradients with visuals...

Maybe in a near future...

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 9:10 am
I was thinking that you could have a solid colour visual at the back, with a panel (the black area with gradual transparency) over the top, so as the black becomes more transparent, it shows more of the background visual colour.

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 9:14 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yup that could be a workaround using some png gradients, but not directly with visuals.

I'm dreaming of a kind of :

<visual type="gradient" source1="constant '#FF00FF'" source2="constant 'transparent'" direction="up"></visual>

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 9:24 am
It's a shame we don't have a "skin SDK wishes" forum. :-)

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 9:27 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
At the moment, gradients of the same color can be done using <mask> in the color visual and Black color transparent graphics. I suppose you could also overlay another color above the 1st one and create a 2 color gradient too.
The version 8 skin of the WeGO/WeGO2 use a mask to offer the gradient you see in the background of the skin.
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?search=wego

Gradients using xml only could be a good addition indeed. We dont have a specific Skin SDK Wishes thread, but you can make a topic in the Wishes forum and we could make it sticky.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 12:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)