Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJSX-2 Platter Backspin then press hot cue??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm curious, with the Pioneer DDJSX-2, if I do a backspin on the platter while a song is playing, and don't finish the backspin, but hit a hotcue button while it's still backspinning; wherever in that backspin the "position" is at; gets SET as that hotcue point, rather than actually going to that point if it has already been set; another words, it automatically deletes the previous hot cue and replaces it with another random hot cue during the backspin; is that intentional; ??

I want it to go to the hot cue that I have set already to continue my song; not set a new one at a random spot during the backspin.... Is this a glitch or ??

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 7:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It shouldnt happen, so probably you use the "Temp/Serato" HotCue mode ?
If so, then yes it could happen, as this mode is a complex script/workaound to offer this mode, so there could be cases where this doesnt work correctly.
If you dont want this behavior, then you should probably choose the "Normal/default" mode. (selection is made with SHIFT+PRM buttons)

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 7:45 pm
You were dead on, thank you; I didn't realize such a thing existed (don't use serato much; prefer VDJ)... I must have somehow hit the combination of buttons during setup/testing... I recalled it was working "normal" before so that's why I questioned it... thank you again; I wonder if there's a way to know which "mode" you're in; it doesn't really say anything or give a notice if it's changed anywhere I can see... but it's working, took a couple presses "randomly".... :)

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 1:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 4:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)