Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC2000 and VirtualDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all:

Can anyone please help get my headphone (cue) output working on the MC2000 with VDJ? Main output works, and in the MAC, I set the system to "single output -> MC2000" and all's well with controls and main outputs. However.. no sound on the cue outputs. Anyone know what's going on?
thanks
James.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:45 pm
I got this to work on my Windows 7 install:

Virtual DJ and Denon MC2000 - config as follows for cue to work:

on windows 7:

output: Advanced config...(click)

click "mono channels"

Master left speakers (mc2000) Output1
Master right speakers (mc2000) Output2
headphones left speakers (mc2000) Output3
headphones right speakers (mc2000) Output4

On the MAC, this is still not working. Doing the same thing says "error in the sound driver of Core Audio"

Anyone?

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 12:18 am
Also wanted to mention that I DID go into the MAC's audio/midi setup and set the mc2000 to quadrophonic as suggested elsewhere on this site, but I get the same error no matter what.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 12:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Why did you have to use Mono and why didnt you install and use the ASIO drivers on your Windows computer ?

For you Mac, please post here a screenshot of your Audio Midi setup and the Audio configuration of VirtualDj you re trying to apply.

Btw in both cases, try to avoid the Advanced Audio setup. Use Master & Headphones from the Simple menu.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 3:35 am
Thanks.. I'll try the asio driver on the win7 machine tonight.

On the mac, however,.. I'll send over a screenshot. Thanks! :)

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:16 pm
ok.. I can't get the asio driver to work on win7/64. It DID install without incident.

In the Advanced config, I set as follows:

MASTER>DENON DJ ASIO > CHAN 1/2
HEADPHONES>DENON DJ ASIO> CHAN 3/4

and it tells me "Error in ASIO sound driver. Your soundcard is probably not connected or the settings are incorrect"

and incidentally, now that the ASIO is installed on the Windows machine, my previous 4mono channel 'solution' doesn't work. Ugh :)

Thanks
J.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 9:17 pm
UPDATE:

After trying 2 versions of the ASIO driver for the Denon mc2000.. no combination would work.

I removed both versions of the ASIO drivers and rebooted. In VDJ, I then went into advanced config. In there, the only thing related to the MC2000 now is called "speakers(mc2000)". SO.. Again, I put it into advanced config and selected MONO CHANNELS.

Master>LEFT>SPEAKERS(mc2000)>OUTPUT 1

Master>RIGHT>SPEAKERS(mc2000)>OUTPUT 2

HEADPHONES>LEFT>SPEAKERS(mc2000)>OUTPUT 3

HEADPHONES>RIGHT>SPEAKERS(mc2000)>OUTPUT 4

... and everything works as it should.

Somehow, the ASIO driver is killing my setup. I'm gonna use it like above, without the ASIO.. Unless there's a solid reason not to use it like this.

Thanks!
J.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)