Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mic Distorting within VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GraomiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi, I am just about to start broadcasting with my own online radio station and am testing all the equipment at home. I will be doing some live shows and am trying to get 2 mics connected that will go into VDJ (Latest version) and out to the broadcast. I am using a Mackie Onyx Satellite as my sound card for both my mic preamp and fopr playback of music as I will not be doing any beat mixing for the first few shows. The mic sounds clear from the sound card but once I turn it on on VDJ it starts to distort with a good amount of latency. I have tried most audio configs both in VDJ and my sound cards control panel with no effect except a change in the latency. Gains are set at the proper level and my sound settings in VDJ are as follows: Master - ch1&2 Onyx (WDM) Mic ch1(Mono) Onyx. For some reason the asio driver is not available within VDJ??

Any help with this would be gratefully received.

Cheers

John

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 3:04 pm
Anyone get any ideas at all? I am tearing my hair out.....

and I dont have a lot to begin with!

Cheers

John

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 5:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Maybe the sound card doesnt offer Inputs on ASIO ? What happens if you choose both outputs and inputs with WASAPI instead of ASIO ?
Edit ahh i see you have WDM. So the ASIO drivers are not available in the drop down list , but they are available in some other application ?

Have you tried 44.1 or 48 or whatever other samplerate your sound card supports ?
Is the same Mic input the default Mic device on your Operating System ? Does it change anything if its not ?

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:41 pm

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:43 pm
Thanks for the ideas folks, I had tried them to no avail.

the only way I managed to do it is to downgrade to VDJ 7.4 and go back to my old Hercules RMX. Got it to work without too much issue then. I am still using Windows XP on my music machine in the studio and it might be time to upgrade to Win 7, just some of my old outboard gear only has drivers for XP.

Thanks anyway.

John

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 11:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)