Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Disable SW upfader per channel

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Further to my hacky (yet somewhat successful) Post fader FX ventures, I can see a need to disable the SW upfader(s) per channel, is it possible via script? or is it something that requires script and reworking the skin?

(it's building in the redundancy that makes this self appointed task interesting)

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 12:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
fake_mixer on/off should do the job i think, but it will also affect the crossfader.
Edit.. ah per channel..hmm nope, this needs a script for a controller or modify the skin.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 12:36 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
thanks for the reply,
Yeah... I thought about fake mixer but my instinct feels like that isn't the way. (It'd make a hard task even harder, both gain & eq would have to be an FX)
I don't know if you've followed the recent bit of the PFFX thread, but the disable_crossfader parts overcome the take over issues for 2 decks, that look like everything is normal to the end user but under the surface it's a mess of multi-queried script.
I'll put this 4 deck thinking on pause, it's when I come back to it when new ideas present themselves.
From a standard 2 deck setup to 4 decks with assignable xfader is too big a jump, I'll try for 2 decks with assignable xfader that's a smaller more tangible step.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 2:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)