Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping and Freezing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I saw PC users complaining about this but not Mac users .... I am using Virtual DJ 7/Denon MC6000 on a Mac Book Pro. It keeps freezing and skipping - and you can hear when I am changing songs/cues. My computer is a high speed and worked fine with Virtual DJ Free Home Edition - now with Virtual DJ 7/Denon MC6000, I am having these issues.

Can anyone help?

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 1:03 pm
What are the specs on your mac?>

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 3:31 pm
So I moved to a two deck Virtual DJ skin with the lowest resolution and it doesn't seem to be skipping anymore. However, it is freezing, mainly when I am typing in songs to search, after that it freezes and eventually VDJ just crashes.

The specs for my Mac:

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Any ideas?

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 5:05 pm
I called tech support, and have been asking questions through the internal support, and through the forum. This does seem to be a problem with several dj's, however, VDJ does not acknowledge this problem and does not offer any suggestions.
I started with VD7, enjoyed it very much, but after switching to 8, VD crashes more and more often. The only solution is to have an alternate music source while your computer is restarting. I also use the Mac Notebook Pro, Denon DN MC6000. Does not make any difference whether your controller is connected, screen freeze still occurs. Have also had my Mac inspected by a computer expert, who stated it has to be a software glitch.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 5:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)