Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help please - VDJ7 vs 8 browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey there, appreciate any assistance with this enquiry.

Recently acquired a pioneer WEGO which came with VDJ7 LE and I really like the browser format, the sampler and record tabs were also selectable.

I upgraded to pro which only offers me a VDJ8 license which I duly purchase, seeing as its the latest and greatest! However, the browser screen is a mess in VDJ8, I cant quite fathom out the history panel and its structure. The area is grey and on VDJ7 it was total black, crisp and clear. I cannot select any of the bowser / sample tabs either.

The configuration options are mind boggling and after much trial and error I still cannot get my old VDJ7 style browser settings back. what am I doing wrong here? :(

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 7:41 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Ok for 1 you don't have a pro licence, you have a controller licence (so stop pro'ing immediately :-) )
2 Don't use a V7 skin with V8, the skin makers have been quite generous and there are many V8 skins that are free to anyone.
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=skins

Once you understand the V8 browser it will become clear why V7 skins have problems.
(there are no FX/Sampler/Record pages anymore, it's all done differently)

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 9:58 am
thanks for the reply there, should have realised it was a skin compatibility issue. I think atomix must have seen the post as they added the vdj8 wego skin this morning it seems! works great to :)

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 5:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)