Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Attention to all NI Traktor Kontrol device owners

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

An update on controller definitions file is about to come in the following few days.
This update will result most of the leds (if not all) of your device(s) to stop working IF you use a custom mapper.
Unfortunately the only way to get the leds working again is either to use the native mapper, or re-create your custom mapper from scratch (starting from the native mapper again)

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this is necessary in order to support the leds of the devices properly, and especially the colors of the pads for devices that have such.

The devices which will be affected are ALL currently supported Traktor Kontrol Devices:
Kontrol S2MK2
Kontrol X1MK2
Kontrol Z1

Also with this update we will include support for Kontrol F1 as well

Thank you!

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 1:38 pm
WOW that's awesome :) any chance of making one for the Traktor z2 mixer please?

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 11:55 pm
As with ANY device, we need access on a sample unit in order to map it.
Since NI does not send us sample units we have to use other means to get one and map it.
So, if we manage to get our hands on one unit for some hours/days, a native mapper will be available on a future update.

Thanks!

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 2:00 am
Is it possible to get Kontrol Z1 Mappign for VDJ7 too?

ABackup System i Use an eeepc an want to use the Z1....

on VDJ8 it works great but on VDJ7 it will be gorgeous for me

Thanks and greetings from Bavaria

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We implemented several new things in version 8 in order to support the NI devices, so there cant be any support for version 7.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 4:43 am
I LOVE you guys. Honestly.

I had an old build still working with MIDI and Controller Editor (next builds broke that support) and I am very happy to see that since build 2048, HID support is functional, and my F1 is natively supported.

VDJ, the only DJ-ing software handling that many controllers... Way-to-go!

Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade without regression :D

PhantomDeejay wrote :
As with ANY device, we need access on a sample unit in order to map it.
Since NI does not send us sample units we have to use other means to get one and map it.
So, if we manage to get our hands on one unit for some hours/days, a native mapper will be available on a future update.

Thanks!

Maybe drop some information about how we could lend our devices to your reverse engineering team?
I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers. Although you should handle at least the shipping and return charges.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 4:07 pm
New controllers build (986) includes some changes for Kontrol X1 MK2
These changes will not affect you if you use a custom mapper.

In this build the touchstrip of the device has finally been updated so that it can act as a jog.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 2:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)