Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: gain issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Help me out pls!!!!

I use the Denon DN-MC6000 controller! for the past few days when I've been playing a song on my deck 1, half way or even at some point in the song the gain automatically either spikes up or down drastically and you can OBVIOUSLY hear the difference in volume whether its higher or lower, and it does this periodically within the song. btw its not the song either, because it happens to any song I play in that deck. Now I Re-install VDJ7, and it has not resolved the issue at all. what can it possibly be?

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 6:51 pm
Most likely this is because you are playing new/unanalysed songs before they have been fully loaded and analysed in full. If you load and start playing an unanalysed song before analysis is complete (The entire song overview waveform is shown), then the volume may suddenly change once the analysis is completed and the correct gain is known.

To avoid this, either pre-analyse your music collection in advance (Strongly recommended) or wait until the song has fully loaded (Entire overview waveform is shown) before playing it.

Please see the following FAQ page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 5:10 am
no its not that at all!! I always pre-analyze all my songs, and I never play them until fully loaded. Its seems to be some sort of glitch. because even if I don't load any songs on to the deck, I can still see the gain knob on the screen moving by itself up and down (really weird).

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 9:36 am
Yoomaksima wrote :
the gain knob on the screen moving by itself up and down

Does it do this when the MC6000 is not connected? It could be that the MC6000 has a fault - the deck 1 gain control is sending random data.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 10:03 am
hmm...you're right it doesn't do it when the mc-6000 is turned off! im guessing than its my controller for sure, should I call the manufacturer or try to resolve it myself?

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 10:33 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Disconnect the suspected offending dial via the mapper, maybe connect it to something else see if the glitch persists, Certainly contact the maker they'll offer the advice you need.

Maybe needs some contact spray, it might need replacing/resoldering.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 1:09 pm
Random thought , have you updated the firmware in the denon?

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 4:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)