Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Losing power on Master Level

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pr0030PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi there,

I'm using pro-infinity version on a Windows PC with several controllers: Denon MC-6000, Vestax VCI-400 and Pioneer DDJ-SR.

During the gig, it happens (with all the controllers) that I have less and less power and I have to open the Master Level more and more to keep the volume.

Does anybody know what happens and what I can do that it doesn't happen anymore?

Paul

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 4:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Did you notice if the Gains on the Decks Info show negative values ?

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 4:54 pm
I didn't pay attention about that, but it may be possible.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 4:57 pm
I noticed this during my last gig, a halloween party in a airplane hanger. It was as if my NS7's master peaked around 2 o'clock and I couldn't get any more out of it. Sound quality was off too, which I dismissed as a track quality but perhaps theres a connection.

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 9:36 am
I'm just running a test, the history of last weekend is running in automix.

Paul

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 1:09 pm
@ djdad:
After some more than 1 hour, the gain changed already between +1.3 and - 2.0

Paul

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 2:13 pm
since you are playing songs that you have already played, so those are analyzed already, i suppose you have set autoGain to Auto+Remember ? If that is the case, then next you mention a drop in sound you will either need to manually adjust the Gains if you see that they are getting negative values or change the setting to Auto and make sure all tracks will load and play at 0db.

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 3:38 pm
auto gain = NO

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 4:07 pm
Well with No as value , it means that the tracks are loaded and play at the original level, which of course can vary, and you will then need to manually adjust the Gains of the mixer.
My suggestion would be to use Auto as value.

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 4:34 pm
It's not the problem that the gain for one or another song must be adjusted (seems to be quite normal for me), but it's the master power that must be put to an higher level after a few hours of the gig.

The longer the gig runs, the more the master volume must be pumped up ((the output goes lower and lower).

Paul

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 8:59 am
Are you sure it's not just your ears?

It's a well known phenomenon that as time passes, your ears and brain become accustomed to the level, so it seems quieter than it was.

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 5:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)