Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Vinyl software upgrade

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
Just purchased the Virtual Vinyl package and I wasn't sure if I was entitled to upgrade to Virtual DJ 8 pro?

As an old school turntablist I'm excited to get back on the 1s&2s again but never had much interaction with digital mixing software.
If I don't get the upgrade for free how much am I looking at?
I'll also be using an Akai Lpd8.

Thanks for your time. Can't wait for it to be delivered!

Tom.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 3:57 am
Bump.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 3:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Virtual Vinyl is discontinued, so unless i am mistaken, you have probably purchased a used one.

Anyways, version 8 is not supporting the Virtual Vinyl card, so your only chance is to purchase a Pro Full license but use version 7.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 4:42 pm
Thanks for the reply. No it is new sealed in box the person selling it decided to stick with serato.
so if it is new and has an unused product key I can use up to virtual DJ 7 pro ?
Have you guys stop supporting time coded vinyl now then?
Thanks again
Tom

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 5:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Once you get the box, register the serial of the software to your Account and download the latest available version from "My Licenses tab". The latest version of Virtual Vinyl is equivalent to VirtualDJ 7 and should run just fine.
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/legacy.html
Its the sound card that is not supported in version 8 actually. So if you decide to upgrade to version 8, you will need a different sound card.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 7:10 pm
Oh ok, brilliant.
So what sound card would you recommend best works with virtual vinyl and virtual dj 8?

If I've got this right I could use my:

My current Virtual vinyl time coded vinyl
Sound card / box recommended by yourself
Virtual dj 8 pro

Also wI'll I have to pay for v.dj 8 pro if I get a different sound card?

Thank you so much for your time. Spent hours trying to find awnsers before this.

Tom

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 1:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)