Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Jog-wheels off while playing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dear all,

First off, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum but please accept my apologizes if this is not the case. My question relates to the DJ2GO controller, I know it is cheap and low-budget one, but I think my question applies to a broader range of controllers. In fact the reason of my cheap controller is somewhat linked to my question:

I mainly use VDJ and the controller to play out some tracks after each other, no fancy mixing. Just some music and clips with 'cuts'. The reason for using 2 decks is that I want to prelisten to the songs, and set a cue point and do some keying (it's for 'boring' ballroom dancing that's why). I've set my jogwheels in 'search' mode to make it easier to search within the loaded tracks. However the joghweels are quite sensitive, a small touch will cause the record to skip. While I can imagine this desired behavior it is not for me, at least not while a record is playing out.

My question is this: Is it possible to 'disable' the jogwheels while a record is playing out it? I dove into the scripting of VDJ but have been able to find how to do such conditional function. The only feasible option is might see is to assign one of the buttons on the controller to en/disable the jogwheel (I need to read a bit more into that). Am I correct or is there an alternative?

Thank you all.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 6:08 pm
Change your jogs vdj script action to this:

play ? nothing : jogwheel

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 1:56 am
Awesome! Thank you so much, made my day (and found a cure against clumsiness)

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 5:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)