Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Pro Showing up as Home Free Verision

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought Virtual DJ Pro but my desktop icon shows "Virtual DJ Home Free". Also, when I went to use my controller Virtual DJ said that I needed to have Virtual DJ Pro Full and that I should visit their website to upgrade. This doesn't make any sense because I don't see anything on the website that says Virtual DJ Pro Full and not only that my Pro license clearly states that I have complete use. Any help would be great.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 4:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just log in to V8.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 4:37 pm
I have V7 but how do I log in? I thought downloading the V7 Pro was all I had to do? My content unlimited is working so I can't see why everything else isn't.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 5:16 pm
You're a subscription member.

A subscription license only works with VDJ 8. You can't log in to VDJ 7 because it requires a serial number.

What you've downloaded is the Home version of VDJ 7 (like the icon says), not the Pro version. You can't download VDJ 7 Pro unless you pay for it in full.

You need to download VDJ 8 and log in to that.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 5:19 pm
Okay I see, thanks. Once logged in will my cached music transfer over to V8?

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 5:51 pm
Also, VDJ7 Pro Subscription says I have unlimited controllers? This is really not making sense.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 6:00 pm
Once again, there is no subscription for VDJ 7.

You can only have a monthly subscription license for VDJ 8 - and yes, it allows you to use any controller (while you're subscribed).

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 6:18 pm
Okay I downloaded VDJ8 and everything is fine, cached music transferred over as well. I see what you mean now, I can only use a controller if I purchased VDJ7 upfront instead of a subscription. I was just confused as to why my content unlimited was working still. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Joey

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 7:03 pm
if i bought virtual dj pro 7 can i download virtual dj pro 8 for free???

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 6:09 pm
You can't buy 7 any more. You can only buy 8, and 7 is included (for subscription and Infinity licenses).

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 8:01 pm
VirtualDJ v7 Pro is only available with a full VirtualDJ 8 Pro Infinity license.

It's not available to monthly Pro v8 subscribers because it does not support this new method of licensing which was introduced in VirtualDJ v8.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 8:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)