Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playback Issue using Denon 3900's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been tooling around with VDJ8, and for the most part I'm very pleased with improvements to the software. I use two Denon 3900's to control the decks, and a Denon x1600 mixer as my ASIO Soundcard.

The issue I'm having is that if I hit Play on a track, it starts to play normally for a few seconds, then it dramatically speeds up for a second, and the continues to play normally from there forward. It does it every time.

If I hold the vinyl while the platter spins for an instant start, it doesn't do it. But that brings up another issue that I think could be related. There is a very noticeable delay when I first interact with the vinyl platter to when VDJ responds to me doing that. After that initial delay, it responds as normal with no noticeable latency between the vinyl and the player response.

My theory is that there is always this initial delay in the player responding to the physical vinyl platter spinning. So when I hit play, that drastic speeding up that happens is the track syncing to the platter. Just a theory, but if anyone has had a similar experience and has any ideas let me know.

Thanks.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 2:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)