Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: wierd and terrible problem with playback of videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ is skipping and jumping when playing back videos. it is very subtle, and sometimes i do not notice. it will repeat a beat, or a phrase sometimes. and throw the dancers off.

i noticed it happens only with video edits i made myself ( i use power director video editor), and it only happens in VDJ, not in windows media player for example.
it happens randomly, you never know which song it is going to happen with. when it happens i can see that it has happened because the video will now also be out of sync with the audio for the remainder of the song/

as you can imagine this problem is making me look very unprofessional but i dont know what to do about it...what can i do?

by the way i use VDJ7

thanks

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 8:30 pm
no ideas folks?

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 8:01 am
what video file type are you creating when you edit with your software? what codecs are you using?

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 9:20 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
If you play these files in Windows Media Player do they play fine? If so switch the codec that plays the file. Go to Options, Codecs and locate the file extension. Double click and from the drop down choose windows media player.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 10:59 am
ok im going to give that a try,

here is what i did, i will report back after my next gig , if the problem persists

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 4:31 pm
TDBennett wrote :
what video file type are you creating when you edit with your software? what codecs are you using?

Mpeg-2 720x576/50i (8mps)

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 4:32 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Mp4 is the way to go for music videos mate.

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 4:01 pm
tayla wrote :
Mp4 is the way to go for music videos mate.

+1

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 9:36 am
What would the setting be for karaoke files that are in zip format of mainly mp3+g. There are a small percentage in MP4 format. I am having a skipping problem with the lyrics.

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 7:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)