Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ video + Serato box?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

Ive never played with video, but this new place im going to play needs me to, so I need to discover my options.
The manager says that it is a requirement to use Serato, but though I think that there's no job that VirtualDJ can't.

So my question is, can I use VDJ on a Serato video box, that is at the club? or what is my options?

Best regards

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 12:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
All SL audio interfaces are supported. You will just need to create the proper audio configuration, using the drivers of the sound card.

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 2:59 am
Is there anyway to link your audio files to music files, so when you load a music file to a deck - then it automaticly plays a matching video file in the video output?
Or do I have to load a music file on the deck?

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 8:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You just drop the video files to the decks and mix exactly the same way you do with the audio files. If you use an external mixer, then you will probably have to either have AUTO video crossfader enabled from the VIDEO panel and select probably the "None" Video transition, or map a button to keyboard as video_transition and press that each time you want to transition from one video to another.

alternatively and if the video files you have dont have the same audio quality like yoru audio tracks, you can use the Video Editor and overlay a video file to an audio (and create vdjedit files for the tracks that you intend to play there)

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 2:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)