Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help Virtual DJ 8 sound config

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the following thing and I hope someone can help me.

A few months ago I bought the American Audio 14MXR with four channels included with the software Virtual DJ 7 LE.
Only the software is very limited. Besides the fact that I cant select a template for a 4 channel mixer, I also have no connection with the software to the buttons on my mixer.

So thats why I upgraded VDJ7LE to VirtualDJ 7 PRO. Here I finally could choose a template for 4 channels.
But here I could not get it, to get all 4 channels working. And the same problem no connection with the software to the buttons on my mixer.

I transferred to Traktor, here I came a lot further. But for this I have to map and I have to figure that out first, but i'm only a novice DJ.

Now I met VirtualDJ 8, well this was an immediate improvement, all buttons worked immediately. So I mean if I control my mixer button, this had effect in VirtualDJ 8.

Only now I get no sound out of my speakers. So I have change something on the sound configs in the VirtualDJ 8 and now I got sound, but my buttons aint working.
Only the master volume is wokring.

I'm new in this game so call me a noob in this. So it has to be the configs and I hope someone can explain what the correct setting are step by step.

I have an ADJ ASIO driver, how I need to set the decks, master, set line stand? With outputs etc.

Please please please help me.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 1:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Give us a picture of your sound config.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 1:30 am
Please read page 10 of the 14MXR operation manual. Specifically point #5 which explains the modes and settings for USB audio.

Also, there is a PDF guide to setting up with VDJ 8 here

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 4:48 am

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 10:24 am
Quote :
I did everything on the operation guide from american audio 14mxr on VirtualDJ 8.

But it still dont work.

No you didn't do everything. The setup you've shown is completely different to what's required.

You can't have master/headphones and four separate deck outputs. To use four decks, you have to use the master/headphones setup with the mixer in controller mode.

To have separate decks, you need to use the mixer in mixer mode - which will only allow two decks, not four.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 10:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Your software build is not updated to the latest one, and probably the mapping files for the MXR are not up to date as well.
Since you have purchased a Pro Full license as per your original post (which i dont see in your account though), please login with your virtualdj.com account which holds your Pro Full license and let the software to update to the latest build.

In case you are using an unofficial version (aka crack), expect all kind of issues

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 10:53 am
Yes I understand that. But you should still be able to use VDJ 10 minutes I thought, without logging in?
Because a licencie costs $ 149, and before im paying this, I want to have this working.
I already paid VDJ7 Pro and I'm not going to pay for it again before I know it works.

That my mixer has to be on controller mode I already know, who can tell me how to set up so I can mix. please

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 11:08 am
Quote :

I already paid VDJ7 Pro

If that's true, then you do not have to pay for VDJ 8. It's a free upgrade and will work with the user name and password which is registered to your VDJ 7 Pro license.

The details for setting up are provided in the MXR manual, in the PDF setup guide via the link I gave, and in the posts above.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 11:18 am
it worked, thank god! Thanks god for the licence :D

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 7:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)