Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Urgent Help with DN-3700

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have had my Denon DN-S3700 for a few years now but only have used them as CD players. I have virtual DJ and have used it with a little Hercules controller for years with no issues.
I have had a week off work and decided to set them up with the latest version of Virtual DJ 7 to me delight it all seemed to work very well both in 7 and 8. I closed down my pc and took everything to a gig. Unfortunately I couldn’t get them to work. When I got home I have spent a lot of time reading different forums to see if I could get them to work correctly. I have tried installing driver version one, removing all drivers and installing version 222 but nothing makes a difference. The main problems seem to be that the drivers do not recognise the decks until Virtual DJ is launched. When the decks try and play a track I just get a constant high pitched tone. Please help as I really want to use these decks to the full potential. It got to the stage where I’m tempted to sell them and buy Pioneers. The whole reason I bought the S3700 is because I like the feel of the moving platter. I have even tried installing everything on a different lap top but still have the same problems. The details of the decks and laptop are listed below. Please help, Thank you,
The following settings on both decks

Midi Ch 1
Hybrid midi sel 20KHZ
Jog Pulse Sel 2960
Version System 2020
DSP 1004
Platter 1009

Asio Driver 2.2.2v

Toshiba Satellite C870-156
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service pack 1
Processor Intel Pentium CPU B950 @ 2.10 GHZ
Installed Memory RAM 4.00GB

Posted Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 9:57 am
bobhoskins wrote :
When the decks try and play a track I just get a constant high pitched tone.

Hybrid midi sel 20KHZ

You're getting the tone because you have them in hybrid mode, which is designed to send a timecode signal (the tone) to VDJ.

If you're not intending to use timecode then you should use the decks in MIDI mode so they act as controllers, and set VDJ to output audio to the 3700s audio interfaces.

Posted Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 10:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)