Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ-SX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, Can someone with a DDJ SX help please, I have posted about this topic before in the general discussion so I may get a slap on the wrist but I have had no satisfactory answers. I have just acquired a DDj SX, before that was using DDJ SR, loved it.
Does anybody have the same problem as me in that when pressing the roll or the slicer button on whichever deck, this then activates in effect slot one of that deck, even more infuriating is that when in slicer mode the parameter button does nothing but to increase the flashing tempo of the lights on the pads, It doesnt operate this way on the DDJ SR,
This is so frustrating especially if i have set my effects up and don't plan on changing them during a set or a radio show. I understand about the effects being in single or multi mode, but why should effect bank 1 be used when pressing the roll or the slicer button?
surely it's native to Virtual DJ8 with its own dedicated buttons already as it is with DDJ SR.
Can someone who has a DDJ SX and uses VDJ 8 confirm if this is normal or is it just me,
this pads lights flashing quickly and nothing happening is giving me a constant headache!!!
Help someone, anyone...

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 6:23 pm
Have i posted or asked incorrectly?
Surely somebody must have a Pioneer DDj SX, that can at least tell me if the loop and slicer work without opening in effect bank 1, and the lights do not go crazy (super fast) when pressing the parameter buttons under the loop section, i have deleted the whole virtual dj folder
uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail,
come on peeps help out please.
:-(

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 4:12 pm
Perhaps if you'd put more info in your post title, people would be able to see what you were asking... :-)

IMO the pad lights flashing at different rates in slicer mode is normal.

Presumably the parameter button is changing the slice rate, so the sequence of the pad lights changes to reflect the size of the slices.

See 2:50 in this video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONXn11qfY5M

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 5:23 pm
Ok, apologies for not stating my problem more clearer in my post title, Thanks for answering groovindj
I have looked at the youtube video my problem is completely different, I know how the slicer mode is suppose to function.
when I press the slicer mode or the roll function on the DDJ SX, whichever effect i press will appear in effect bank 1, that is not suppose to happen.
The pads will work however when i press the slicer mode and press the parameter buttons to the right of the pads the sound does not alter as in quicker to half beat, quarter and so on, only the light sequence will alter and increase in speed.
That is not to suppose to happen,
That's why i wanted to hear from someone who has a DDJ SX to tell me how their slicer and roll mode function.
I have done a clean install and deleted the settings xml and the mapper folder but it still continues to function this way which is starting to really frustrate me.
So anyone with a DDJ SX please respond or help shed some light as i don't know what the next move is.
thanks

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 6:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For the Slicer and Loop Roll issues you have reported..

map the PAD_MODE_SLICER key as ..
set 'padmode' 2

and the PAD_MODE_ROLL as..
set 'padmode' 1

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 4:45 am
I will try this later when I get home & see if this fixes the issues
Thanks

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 7:09 am
OK here's the latest, I did what djdad suggested and that works in part, it stops the effect opening in the skin on effect bank one, so that's fixed that. "phew" well happy about that!!!
Thank you djdad, very grateful.
however i still have the issue of the lights flashing quicker if the SLICER_PARAM+ button is pressed and decrease when the SLICER_PARAM- button is pressed,
Therefore i have discovered that these SLICER_PARAM buttons are mapped to effect_slider 1 which changes the step size
it should be the step length button these SLICER_PARAM buttons should be mapped to.

I'm not the best at mapping commands, what would be the command to make these SLICER_PARAM buttons change the step length in the slicer effect.

I just want to say I didn't mess or tamper with any of the native mapping so therefore I'm surprised that no one else has had this problem.
now to get these SLICER_PARAM buttons working and i'll be a happy VDJ

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 6:20 pm
SORTED
I have remapped the SLICER_PARAM - + buttons to slicer "length" -1 +1 respectively and the SX functions, how I believe it should've straight out of the box.
Many thanks to djdad for the remapping commands, I wouldn't have known this.

So I don't know whether to report this as a bug.
the factory default map for the Pad_MODE_ROLL key is set 'padmode' 1 & slicer off & effect 'Loop Roll' select
is that correct?

the factory default map for the PAD_MODE_SLICER key is var_equal 'Padmode' 2 ? on & slicer off : set 'padmode' 2 & effect 'slicer' select
Is that correct?
also the SLICER_PARAM keys being mapped to the step size instead of the step length, that is also incorrect, because it made the lights on the pad go crazy like being at a discotheque!!!

I think this should be looked at by the technical staff or coders at Atomix
just for future reference in case anybody else comes across this problem.

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 6:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, we will probably change that soon.

The original idea was to select the Loop Roll effect and the Slicer Effect depending on the selected mode, in order the user to see the values of the parameters on the GUI. However, it appears that it reveals some other issues, so probably we will remove this.

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 8:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)