Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Few issues with new Laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Let me start with the technicals...
Dell Precision M6700
64Bit Win7
Intel Core i7-3740QM 2.7GHz x2
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA Quadro K3000M
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
MixTrack Pro
VDJ8 Infinity build 1960.812

This system is not dedicated to VDJ, I realize there may be some things I have to tweak before each use. Got two issues.

1. Each time I start VDJ my sound config is fouled up, shows correct in VDJ config but main and cue are intermingled. Takes me disabling the internal sound card, uninstalling the MixTrack Pro, re-installing MixTrack Pro... then sound config works correctly.

2. When using the NVIDIA graphics processor I get sketchy video transitions and freezes when loading video or track in other deck. The Intel graphics work much better than the NVIDIA graphics. I have updated to the latest NVIDIA driver offered at Dell's site. But have not checked with NVIDIA.

Any tips, tricks and input is much appreciated.
T

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 11:26 am
You might try to save your audio config via the config page and when it's messed up recall it.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 12:29 pm
I tried that, no joy. Thanks, man.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 2:57 pm
TD in win 7 under sounds there is an option for windows to take audio control

http://www.abyssmedia.com/isound7/windows7-tips.shtml

Try tweaking that.

Also VDJ has a toggle for exclusive audio control under settings try that as well. Not sure if either will solve the issue. Just some thoughts

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 1:10 am
Thanks Johnny, I think I got it squared away. Mixtrack Pro was my default audio device in Windows, once I switched the default device to the internal card all is well with the audio now. Suggestion from my buddy in Norway, thanks Norm.

Still researching the video issue, thinking maybe is driver related. Any input here still appreciated.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 7:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)