Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Mixtrack HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just traded for a Numark Mixtrack.

On XP (sp2), device plugs, is detected in windows, still lights up 8 buttons (sync, cue, play, stutter, manual, in, out, reloop).
Used Virtual DJ 7, 8, and 7 Home Ed., Serato, and now about to try Traktor.

Device is not detected in the programs.

I have checked Windows Device Manager, nothing is disabled.
The Logitech webcam is also disconnected.

Please help.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 7:29 am
Funny you should mention the webcam.....

That could be the cause of the problem. I'd suggest uninstalling the webcam (even to the extent of using a registry cleaner) then trying the Mixtrack again.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 8:12 am
XP Device Manager -> sound&vg controllers -> sees "USB Audio Device" with out any exclamation points or X's when I connect the Numark Mixtrack, properties indicates device works properly.

XP Device Manager -> sound&vg controllers -> disabled manycam and cyberlink cam drivers.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/92747583@N04/15308727356/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 8:57 am
Don't just disable them. You need to uninstall them completely because (as I mentioned) there could be registry settings that may affect use of MIDI devices.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 9:15 am
I tried the Mixtrack on a Windows 7 machine and it worked.
I am just having trouble accepting modifying my registry files on XP because of my webcam.
Your help is really appreciated.
It's too bad the software developers for this device couldn't fix this compatibility issue.
Thanks again for your help, though it is not working on Windows XP, you are probably right about uninstalling my cam drivers....
Looks like I am on my way to a separate studio PC with out a webcam.

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)