Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio stuttering

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

babblinPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've been using VDJ 8 for a few months now and for the most art I like it. I am having a problem with the audio stuttering when both decks are playing at the same time. It happens when I'm mixing from one song to the other and really kills the dance floor when this happens. I'm using a new laptop that should not have a problem like this. It's an i7 with 4 ram using windows 8.1. Is this a latency issue and how can it be fixed?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 8:44 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please provide more informations.
Any controllers involved? ASIO drivers installed?
What does the sound setup look like?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 11:12 am
I am a new user (as of November 13, 2014) of VDJ8. I am also noticing a audio/video stuttering problem occurring and it appears to be happening with the NuMark MixPro 2. I am currently running the software on a Dell Precision M6500 Laptop which is a quadcore i5 with 8 Gigs of ram. I was watching the performance monitor and so no problems with CPU Utilization. There appears to be some connection with manipulating the controls when this happens, but it does occur even when a single deck is playing and nothing else going on. It is intermittant, but this would be intolerable during a performance. I am a month and a half away from the gig and this needs to be fixed. Can someone please help? The files themselves are all mp4s.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 11:19 pm
I also have this stuttering issue with VDJ8 but it happens when I switch my PC settings from speaker to headphone - headphones to speakers. it is very annoying and embarrassing when this happens.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 10:14 pm
I also have the same problem running Vdj8 w/windows 10. I'm using a new laptop w/an i7 chip and a Denon Dn MC 6000. I uninstalled drivers, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers, turned off my anti-virus and wifi during my gig. This is the second week in a row it happened and I'm starting to look bad. Music skips & at times stutters bad like I'm doing a 2% loop. I switched outlets, checked all my cables & used a brand new surge protector.

Posted Sun 27 Sep 15 @ 2:11 pm
Ah, the Denon. Are you using the ASIO driver? If so, try using the normal Windows WDM or WASAPI driver.

You may also need to adjust your ASIO buffer size - if you've not tried that already.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 5:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)