Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cloning and mini

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ GYMCPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Two questions... first I am running a Numark n4 with Virtual DJ 8 and I have my positive pitch mapped to clone deck. But it clones it to Decks three and four and not decks one or two. I have it set to Virtual DJ 2 decks.

Second..... How do I get the mapping from the launch pad mini With Virtual DJ 8 to work with Virtual DJ 7... Also is there a slicer effect that will work like on Virtual DJ 8to Thanx and sorry for doubling up the questions just had it all on my mind at one time

Posted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 4:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Use
deck left clone_deck right
and
deck right clone_deck left

The slicer effect is now native. You just need to map the buttons as .. slicer 1, slicer 2... slicer 8

For the ver 7 mapping file, you will probably need to create a new one for version 8. If i recall the definition file we included in version 8 has some different key names and different approach for the leds, so the mapping file you have may not match with the definition.
but you probably have a definition already in the Devices folder (the old ver 7 one), so try to rename it as ... force-whatevernameithad.xml
adding force- in front of a definition, automatically uses this instead of the native.

Posted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 8:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)