Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 7 with MK2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All,

I currently use VDJ 7.0, I have both the DN-MC6000 and the MK2 Controllers.
On the DN-MC6000 the way I have my set-up is channel 1 and 4 are my main volumes for deck 1 / deck 2
on the MK2 It appears the defaults are using 2 and 3 ( I heard this is because of Serato) as the main volumes and wanted to know if you can map it differently or not.
I'd like to keep it the same way as the MC-6000 any assistance would be appreciated.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 11:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So you are interested in a mixer channel order like 1,3,4,2 ?
Yes, that is possible , but you will have to re-map the whole mixer part like...
EQ_LOW .. action_deck 1 ? deck 3 eq_low : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 eq_low : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 eq_low : deck 2 eq_low
VOLUME.. action_deck 1 ? deck 3 volume : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 volume : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 volume : deck 2 volume
and same for the rest of the EQ , PFL, GAIN

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 12:30 pm
djdad wrote :
So you are interested in a mixer channel order like 1,3,4,2 ?
Yes, that is possible , but you will have to re-map the whole mixer part like...
EQ_LOW .. action_deck 1 ? deck 3 eq_low : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 eq_low : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 eq_low : deck 2 eq_low
VOLUME.. action_deck 1 ? deck 3 volume : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 volume : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 volume : deck 2 volume
and same for the rest of the EQ , PFL, GAIN

I would like the mk2 to be mapped like the original MC-6000 - so that channel 1 and channel 4 for deck 1 and deck 2 control volume etc.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 12:39 pm
the original MC6000 was pre-mapped as 1234 in version 7 (and 3124 in version 8) but not the way you describe, unless i miss-understood.
Anyways, if you try the actions above, i am pretty sure you ll get what you want.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 1:56 pm
djdad wrote :
the original MC6000 was pre-mapped as 1234 in version 7 (and 3124 in version 8) but not the way you describe, unless i miss-understood.
Anyways, if you try the actions above, i am pretty sure you ll get what you want.

OK you're right I explained it completely wrong. - I would like the MK2 to use the same mapping structure as the Original MC-6000 but the thing is with the text you said I do not know where to or how to edit the map file? Little assistance would be great :) Thanks again!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 8:16 pm
Ok, We added mixer order 1234 support in version 8 for the MC6000MKII
The update is available with builds ending at .805 or higher. To get the latest controllers version (which is indicated from the last 3 digits of the software build), launch VirtualDJ 8, leave the software running idle for a few minutes, then close and re-launch.
Make sure the build number you see at the top of the COnfig window ends at 805. or higher.

You can now choose the Mixer Channel order from the 4 Decks default skin (Mixer Options button right above the Audio crossfader).
Notes.
1. Mixer Order 1342 is not supported. So choose either 1234 or 3124 (default)
2. If you choose the 1234, the CF cross-assign switchers at the front side of the unit, will follow the new order, meaning that the 1st switcher from the left side is now deck 1 and not deck 3

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 11:25 am
djdad wrote :
Ok, We added mixer order 1234 support in version 8 for the MC6000MKII
The update is available with builds ending at .805 or higher. To get the latest controllers version (which is indicated from the last 3 digits of the software build), launch VirtualDJ 8, leave the software running idle for a few minutes, then close and re-launch.
Make sure the build number you see at the top of the COnfig window ends at 805. or higher.

You can now choose the Mixer Channel order from the 4 Decks default skin (Mixer Options button right above the Audio crossfader).
Notes.
1. Mixer Order 1342 is not supported. So choose either 1234 or 3124 (default)
2. If you choose the 1234, the CF cross-assign switchers at the front side of the unit, will follow the new order, meaning that the 1st switcher from the left side is now deck 1 and not deck 3

This is excellent but will not work with Version 7 though correct?

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 7:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)