Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ8 - Automix Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not sure why this happens, it's not all the time but more often then not. When the songs are queued up in Automix mode, at the point where the songs mix in, instead of getting a 8 sec lead-in, it just ends the song and goes to the next. (see screen shot). If I switch to some other option, then things fade-out/fade-in correctly... It's just the SMART option that seems to not work correctly. It's almost like when it analysis the song, it can't find something so it just dies... Any ideas on how to correct this so SMART works correctly??

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 12:11 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Last time I tried the automix I had exactly the same problem.

Other users wrote, that changing pitchQuality to 1 worked for them.
Haven't tried it myself yet.

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 8:57 am
I already have set my PitchQuality to 1... Doing this helped with the sound quality of when the two songs mixed together. Maybe I will make this back to 2 and see if that changes anything.

joe...

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 9:34 am
Ok... so on a second computer (not my main one) it seems that the problem with this Smart option seems to be working fine. Is there anyway to get a printout of the options and their value so I can compare the two list to see what different?

joe...

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 9:58 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Settings.xml in your My Documents VDJ folder, open it with notepad.

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 4:52 pm
Ok... I brought the xml file from my other computer and installed it on my main machine. For a while, things looked good then suddenly, I started getting the issue of where the song just cuts off (see picture)... as you see, towards the end of the first song and the begging of the next, you see this bar... this causes the song 1 to stop and song 2 to start abruptly.

Maybe someone can help with this.

I will continue to poke around to see why SMART mix works some time and not for others. I can't find a way to duplicate it all the time.... this is very frustrating.

joe...

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:11 pm
So after some playing around it seems that the issue might be song related. If a song is "broke" then the song prior breaks and then when that broke song is playing, the one after it breaks. If I remove the "broke" song from the 3, then song 1 and 3 play fine. So, what can it be that a song breaks SMARTMIX? All of my songs are .mp3 with song 1 being 128 sample rate and song 3 being 192... I just can't figure out this mystery...

joe....

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 9:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Get critical joe, the 'broken' track does it work (play fluidly through-out) ok outside of automix? Try break the system, repeatedly and note the findings.

One more thing, 128Kbps are arse for quality, maybe your track sources aren't the best?
(not trying to be an arse just, you have pro software, then search a bit harder for pro quality tracks)

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 4:07 pm
I am trying to see what's going on so what I'm experiencing can be fixed or at least identified.

Regarding bitrate... I loaded 20 songs with bitrate between 32-50 (I know, some old stuff I had) and 20 with a bitrate of 300+ and I get about a 50% success rate with each group. However, once I play songs with AUTOMIX and find the ones that break things and eliminate them, then I can get 100% success... so for some reason, some songs work and others don't. I have some 300+ bitrate EDM sonngs with beats that are very prominent and while most work, a lot don't...

All songs work/play fine so the files themselves are good.

I wish the programmers would look at this to see why this happens. The SMART mix when working does a pretty good job (still can be improved) but as it stands, it's just OK. I'd also rather just skip on SMART and use the other options but, that's not what I paid for. Either they need to get it working (or tell us what the parameters for songs are) so it works or just eliminate this feature. I'm willing to help test and research....

joe...

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 11:59 pm
PachN wrote :
Last time I tried the automix I had exactly the same problem.

Other users wrote, that changing pitchQuality to 1 worked for them.
Haven't tried it myself yet.

Making the pitchQuality 0, 1 or 2 does nothing to fix the problem I am current rexperiencing

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 12:02 am
I bit more of information.... When these 'broke' songs play, I will notice that when I select the AUTOMIX type it will say "SMART (cut)" while the other that work say "SMART (tempo)". so, what is it that makes AUTOMIX choose cut or tempo?? Something is driving this setting??

joe...

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 12:33 am
I'm also seeing SMART (fade)... so at the end, the songs fade, but do not beatmatch as where SMART (tempo) does. So SMART will so far either fade, tempo (beat match) or cut. Does anyone know how VDJ8 determines from SMART how it determines these?? I thought maybe BPM were used to calculate tempo but I find more with fade then tempo. So this mystery still remains a mystery... Time for a Scooby snack :lol

My EDM music seems have the highest rate of SMART (Tempo)

joe...

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 8:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)