Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1024 Ram

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
In reading through the user guide, I came apon this under recomended system specifications.
1024mb ram? That seems very high to me. I have a new Vaio and it runs 512mb and have had no hints of insufficient ram during operation. Is this for future plans for the program or do I need to think about adding ram? Just curious.
Rick

Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 12:48 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you don't have any problem, it's ok. But if you try to use VDJ with huge songs, effects, loops, you may need more than 512 Mo.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 1:01 pm
I will try maxing out the players and fx to see what happens.

I had no problem making FX screw up...........LOL

I have downloaded the new skins to my desk top. What is the method of getting them to the program folder?

Is there a way to slow down the cross fade speed besides tempo, smart ets...It seems to slam the fade really quickly. This something I could adjust with red both intro and outro in seconds for autofade.

Can I load this on more than one machine on my licence?

Rick

Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 2:18 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
just paste the zip files into your virtual DJ skins folder... no need to unzip..

The autofade time is a sore point, it was selectable in atomix but for some reason didn't evolve into VDJ. We are hoping it might re appear soon .. hint hint !!

I dont think you have a problem with loading on another machine as long it is for your own personal use but i will let a team member confirm this..

Best regards

stu

Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 4:57 pm
As far as a response from the "team" on weather or not you can install VDJ for personal use on several machines, look here at a response from Sclavel:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=642

The summary of it is yes you can as long as it for you only on two machines.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 5:36 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have 512 of RAM on both of my computers.
Haven't experienced any problems.

1 is a p-4 1.8g

the other (laptop) is an athelon xp1300

Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 5:54 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have p-4 1.8g 512 RAM and no problem !

Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 5:56 pm
Cool,
I keep a back up system with me, which is two installs. I was hoping to have it on my home system to help me learn the program without setting up my gig rig though. Would I have to buy another licence? Clearly my intentions are honest ones, I am not a multi-op. I understand the rules, I just wondered if there was any flex in the policy.

The auto fade issue is kind of a problem. It was part of the reason I bought 2 OTs licences,(and since sold). PCDJ's worked in auto only. You can't point and click to initiate the fade, which is a problem when you need to bail on a song for some reason. I adapted to doing it manually ok. And, come to think of it I think they are the only ones that don't do it, except with FX.

Rick

Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 6:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)