Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: mapping Denon DNMC 6000 with Virtual 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Any chance someone could send me a pic of the mapping or let me know the mapping for my denon mc 6000. I use 4 deck option with channel 1&2 on top and 3&4 on the bottom. I've never had to map before so please help
Thx folks

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 7:24 pm
The Denon MC6000 is natively supported in VirtualDJ v8 so no mapping is required. It should work plug and play.

If it's not working then this could be because you have accidentally changed the MIDI channels that it operates on. Press SHIFT+BROWSE (In the middle section of the MC6000) to change it back to the default channels.

Please see the troubleshooting section at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 4:12 am
Thanks for the info. I'll try that. I thought it shouldbe plug and play as well but sliders are all wrong, changed some things it worked for abit then froze. rebooted and now it won't work again. Has anyone else have difficulty with this. Have deleted and re-installed the program. Hmmnn confusing!!

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 7:29 am
Thanks again for your input. I deleted the typical install version and downloaded the complete version. My player is now recognized but after 10 minutes of use my player stopped working sliders wouldn't work. rebooted now my volume is fluctuating without me doing anything??? Plus wondering why when you reboot to have to adjust the filters are each deck in order to get decent sound??? any advice ladies and gents??

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 4:59 pm
cleio81PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I was having similar problems with my DNMC 6000. I wound up just uninstalling it and then re-installing and updating the driver. worked like a charm.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:02 pm
if it stops working ater 10 minutes it sounds like you are in demo mode, make sure you login with VirtualDj

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:23 pm
I want to use my Denon mc 6000 with VDJ8 to do a video dance party. Can someone walk me through the mapping for this as right now I have no gains , low mid high not responding on the decks and in order to get the video to be bright I had to slide my volume slider to the top but that also increases the volume. Also the transitions from 1 video to the next sometimes doesn't work when moving the slider from deck to deck, and sometimes it doesn't??. Very confused. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 1:42 pm
Interesting, here are some suggestions:

- Make sure your unit is using the Factory MIDI channels, just like Tech Support suggested
- Make sure you unit is on PC MODE (switch on rear)
- Make sure all audio channels are set to MIDI (the selector knob at the top of each channel)

- Go to your MAPPERS folder in your VDJ folder and Cut & Paste all files there to another temporary location, you want to make sure the MAPPERS folder is empty.
- Go into the VDJ config screen and make sure DN-MC6000 is selected under controllers

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 12:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)