Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark NV - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Right-click on the Speakers Icon on the bottom right of the Windows taskbar and choose Playback Devices.
Any chance the Numark Audio is selected as default sound card of WIndows ? If yes, choose your built in (or some other) and try again.
Also in the same window, select the Numark NV sound card, click on Properties->Enhancements and disable All Enhancements
In Advanced Tab see if any other rates provide better results (e.g. 44/48 Khz, 16 bit etc, cant recall what options it provides)

Btw, dont use Asio4all. Better uninstall it.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 3:54 am
just tried it..all. it crackles.also the nv sound stops as if its transfering data bytes? and then continues.I tried a firmware update but it didnt take it as Im sure this allready the latest.I got it Numarkdirect. I get better sound with Asio4all but the music still stops briefly every minute or so...

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 5:14 am
Send it back bro and get a Pioneer SX 👍

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 7:54 am
Sorry to hear that man, I haven't experienced any of those problems but I also don't use vsts in vdj either. Maybe a bad unit?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 9:09 am
Im told to call numark about the software but now after messing with the sound properties its stuck with Asio4all.if I sellect wasapi drivers it selects my laptops sound card.but with Asio4all it sounds better though there is still sound drops?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 2:30 pm
i had no sound issues here (with a poor i3). I would suggest to check DPC Latency and your computer's performance.
One thing that comes in mind is the Wireless (Wifi). Disable it from Control panel, as Numark devices are well known of such issues/conflicts

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 4:14 pm
Im glad you showed up "Dad".I just got the brush-off from numark direkt as it seems that I got a refurbished unit without the boucher fot the other software.I was able to download but the software doesnt reconize the unit and wont connect or open in full mode.also I messed up the windows sound properties and it wont connect with wasapi drivers unless it sends the sound to my laptop instead.vdj is opening with the Asio4all and sending that to the nv sound card.let me do one more test as I had a windows update and when I tried to re install them updates I got a blue screen crash.then the computer came back with my desktop all messed up and the icons and texts in larger size than what I use.yeez! but yeah,there's a guy name "josh" at numark that needs to be put straight about giving me proper service.can someone check this guy out.he was very rude..

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 4:29 pm
okay,Dad...got the wasapi's back with vdj.I simply changed to another usb jack ,it then reinstalled the nv drivers again and connected.I then went back to the other usb as this one (on the left side of my Alien) is my "dj dedicated" input.it would not run wasapi drivers.I then went to computer/device management and uninstalled the nv audio drivers,rebooted the computer,plugged the nv and let it reload the Audio drivers again on this usb .working...sounds good but I have the dropouts still.so I will check the wifi now.....as for numark & "sh@#Rato",they are hesetating on giving me a proper boucher for the software download,but the seller (Sam Ash!) will try to fix that over the weekend.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 6:13 pm
okay...it looks like it likes the other powered usb hub better.and the wifi messes things up with a few droupouts every now and then.hmm so for those who download music while djing? no go? or use another device?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 6:44 pm
fixed it all!!! and tried the "other" software for the first time...(wha? no video? ...wha? glitching on the same usb hub that vdj ROCKS?) ha,ha..no sorry....okay save me from this..oh vdj God!...we need a "flip" function guys....

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 8:25 pm
hmm,I got a problem with the location of that deck (swap) button.I think it should be the shift button,near the crossfader.so switch the syntax with the deck (deck becomes shit button) what you guys think?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 8:48 pm
okay,where do I check the DPC latency?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 9:00 pm
Okay,I got it,lots of red lines in the 8000ps.the program says to go back to device managment and disable drivers that might be in conflict..

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 12:14 am
I uninstalled the mAudio drivers for the xponnent then looked at the two wifi drivers with exclamation signs and which was for apparently the stock wifi system for this Alien which got replaced by the original owner with a different wifi card.then the ethernet Im not sure why it had the exclamation mark next to it I dont use it having a router,but I disabled it.well still had a bit of drops.then I thought anything more to do with the old xponnent might conflict?..the mappers!

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 3:25 am
Reporting a problem concerning using vst's in the Nv : the nv has a new metthod for scanning and loading effects,ie: hold the shift button,scroll with either effect knob 1,2 or 3 or pressing effects buttons 1 & 2 for jumping back one or forward one ,then release the shift button to load the effect.well large effects vst such as Sugar Bytes turnado,Effectrix, or Glitch,NI maschine & Reaktor or similar...it will freeze vdj as its trying to load.this is only with this method of loading the effects.Loading via vdj's drop down menu and chosing from there of course works fine.other smaller effects load fast via NV loading method.but this Big guys that do many things are slower to load and the problem is when you scroll with shift held down and effect knob turning is that it scrolls thru you entire library of effects and on to these large vst's blindly,that is,you dont have a effects "tree" window that opens ..so while scrolling you dont know that its now in you vst folder...and scrolling is also done bidirectional (backward & forward) via the shift hold and effects 1& 2 pressing ..and if you wait pass 15 seconds ...the nv will try to load them regardless of if you have not released the shift button and are trying to scroll pass these effects (I keep these in a vst folder placed in the vdj sound effects folder).so the safe thing to do at this moment is to open the effects menu and scroll and load from there.can this be looked into guys? it would be nice if we can get a small window of the effects tree when we hold the shift button and scroll with the effects button or knobs.this way we can see which effects are next or before the list?

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 5:30 pm
was still getting a few drops of audio because I did'nt uninstalled the extra unused wifi drivers (let me explain: previous owner had installed a new wifi card but left the factory drivers on there,I just disabled them.went back and uninstalled.went back with Asio4all...all its well.tried wasapi drivers again,drops and ugly sound.so what do you think I did? Asio4all drivers win.you can also use the PcOptimizer but this thing is running even with the wifi on.see I run like 20 synths in real time within fruity loops along with Ni Mashine.no problems after I would reboot the computer on account of the xponnent w7 64bit drivers still running.sounds great thru my NI kontrol2 pedal/audio card/asio drivers.so that was a reason to move on.okay back to topic...wished there was a back and foward 4 beats button on the NV like on the xponnent (I know...make a keyboard map,but still) and a few other things...

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 9:26 pm
Hi guys will the numark nv7 work with virtual dj 7 ??

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 1:59 am
is working great with v8 on a new Alienware m14x...but I did think of "what about v7?"...the thing is that unlike my other laptops which got v7 first installed,then 8...this last one I installed 8 but seems there is issues trying to get 7 in there last...hmm

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 2:08 am
thewizzard69 wrote :
Hi guys will the numark nv7 work with virtual dj 7 ??

Numark NV doesnt and will not work with VirtualDJ 7, if that is what u ask.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 3:32 am
whatda? the NV is running like a champ on my m18x as well!!! it was the PDAnet tether ??? causing dropouts? was adding cues to new tracks and having to turn off the wifi and crap but still is was dropping.so I though "what is in this that I dont use?" PDAnet and Rainmeter,a desktop theme app that I've not used...the minute I uninstalled both...NV running even with wifi as I'm posting this and mixing at the same time...yeees!!!! and I've discovered the slip mode button works with the hot cues so you can drop cues like samples,release and the track resumes? Awsome!!!! also Loco dog's filter roll working!!! (oops wrong thread,ah hell...life its grand....

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 7:35 pm
63%